Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
give 'er sh*t ay?
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If any of you guys are thinking about going to hughes engines to get parts. I'd think twice about it. I recently bought a stroker kit for my engine and I have had nothign but problems with them for the price and parts. they machined my parts wrong. had tosend them back toget them remachined and it costme more. they also tell you one price and charge you another price. I am still arguing with them on that but nothign is resolved yet.

Just a heads up.

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
I haven't been to them in a couple years, but I have had sever sets of heads done by them and a few cams witout problems- my Scrambler was even up in their wall along with all the race car pix.

It's a shame they screwed up your engine- are the kids running the shop now?

·
give 'er sh*t ay?
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im not sure who is running the shop. i just didnt like the way they treated me for the problems i had. Stuff got machined wrong. I understand that happens but they were not willing to budge on them fixing it and it screweed me over becasue i needed the parts and the truck.

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
Did you get any names? IIRC, Matt and Chris were the kids..

·
give 'er sh*t ay?
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the guy that took my order was keven. i dont blame him becasue it could have been miss comunication. but dave was the jerk saying it was my fault and my probelm. i dotn even feel like dealing with them anymore about the issue. dave seems to answer the phone everytime i call now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts