Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have one of these phones? I am doing research on what phone to get next (august) so I am informed when I do purchase. I know there will be lots of new stuff out by August but the prices will probably be up there too.

I was thinking about the HTC Touch Diamond. Full touch screen, no keyboard, HTML browser, camera, video, lots of goodies. The online reviews by CNet seem good. But it is around $200-250 right now.

I have Alltel and I will not be switching so I can't go with an Iphone. Hopefully, Verizon will start making their phones available to Alltel once the merger is complete.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know someone with the HTC touch... they have had nothing but problems. Maybe the newer Diamond will be better...
Good to know. The have like three or four different models for Alltel. But the have probably 10 across the board.

·
spelling nazi
2,563 Posts
I had an HTC Fuze (which also goes by HTC Touch Pro, and is nearly the same thing). I hated it. It made me switch to the iPhone. I've been using Windows Mobile the last 4 years, but there were just too many quirks I hated about that phone.

·
Premium Member
5,445 Posts
I had a htc touch for about a month. good phone, but couldnt live without a keyboard. wm 6.1 is way better than 6.0, at least to me. the diamond is a step up, but still a winmo phone. i couldnt justify the big money for the touch pro.

I just ended up going back to my palm. way more stable, and cleaner apps.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just ended up going back to my palm. way more stable, and cleaner apps.
Now I heard a lot of negative things about the Palms though. Mostly about the OS and program lockups but maybe the 6.1 update fixed most of that.

·
Premium Member
5,445 Posts
the only problem with palm is that it's slightly dated, and it takes a little work to get java to work on it. they haven't had any significant update in awhile. 6.1 is windows mobile. you're going to get lockups no matter what you are using.

I screwed around with winmo for awhile, and just find palm to be more hassle free.

·
spelling nazi
2,563 Posts
There's a good reason most of the Treos sold are winmo. PalmOS sucks, it has for a long time. I wish them the best with their next, allegedly Linux based, release, but current PalmOS is trash if you do more than use it as a phone and extremely basic PIM.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts