Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

used to be Ironman
3,215 Posts
A DBA is obtained from your local county or city building, you will be DBA in the county you are conducting business in. You mught want to check with your township ordinances as to doing business out of a residence.

Then you need to contact the state with your new DBA and obtain the the paperwork for the sales tax license and the Feds for a federal tax ID.

Next step is to obtain the funds for the buy in amounts required by almost all of the manufacturers or vendors, its not as easy as just calling them up and saying you have a DBA and you want wholesale pricing right now without an initial large product purchase.

Example is Master Craft seats, a $5000 buy in is required to get any sort of vendor discount. Are you prepared for major purchases like this?
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.