Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
In the garage
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to get a online business going, what kind of license do i need to sell stuff online? I think i need a License so i can buy product from suppliers to get the dealer price.

How or who do i need to contact? whats a dba?

·
The land of Boredom..
4,224 Posts
you need to do a lot of research, and reading before attempting an online business.it seems your not sure, or know nothing about business, or running one. a DBA, is a Doing business as License. take some time, research vendors, sales market, advertising, etc, before you try to dive head first into something you know nothing about.

·
In the garage
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been selling online for 3 years Ebay. I am not joining a scam dropshipper program. I want to buy whosale or at dealer cost for my items. I ment to ask where do i go to get a DBA. I know what it is. Any info would be great. and thanks for your concern

·
used to be Ironman
3,215 Posts
A DBA is obtained from your local county or city building, you will be DBA in the county you are conducting business in. You mught want to check with your township ordinances as to doing business out of a residence.

Then you need to contact the state with your new DBA and obtain the the paperwork for the sales tax license and the Feds for a federal tax ID.

Next step is to obtain the funds for the buy in amounts required by almost all of the manufacturers or vendors, its not as easy as just calling them up and saying you have a DBA and you want wholesale pricing right now without an initial large product purchase.

Example is Master Craft seats, a $5000 buy in is required to get any sort of vendor discount. Are you prepared for major purchases like this?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts