Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working on a project for my Township. Back 30 years ago we had a gal donate a few framed list of names of all the vets in the township. I would like to carry that into the current day. I plan to call the local VFW and AL to see if they are of any help. Any other thoughts on how to get a list of names of those who served that started life in my little Township? We have a list of those from pre-1984/5 so I need the past 30 years to try and get a complete list.

·
Motrcytman's spouse
7,208 Posts
Is there a Veterans Administration office or hospital near you? Maybe there is a way to find out from one of them.

·
Premium Member
6,223 Posts
Does the township have a newsletter? Maybe something in there? I'm sure you would get family members telling you, even if the vet him or herself didn't.

·
Premium Member
1,598 Posts
So I started out in Milan (growing up), and Milan has a veterans wall... with all past vets listed on it at the park...

I know not all towns do this, but thought it was cool...

·
Bananarama!
14,143 Posts
While your intentions are noble and as a Veteran I thank you for the thought... not all Vets want their names displayed in public. Especially these days when Islamic terror groups are compiling the same types of lists and issuing fatwa's to kill them and their families on the Internet.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No VA close, no local wall, small farm town of 1400 in entire township. No newsletter but I can add a few lines to the tax bills we send twice a year.

Good point SS, hadent thought of that one. Only way they would see it is if they walked into the hall and looked at it in person. Hall is only open for public meetings or private events. Good food for thought though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts