Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
wen in doubt throttle out
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my dog is a pussy, hes medium sized part german sheppard and got the color scheme of a rotweiler, seriously, but hes a pussy. he NEVER barks, and when he does its a pretty mean bark. but if your playing tug of war with him, he will just let you have the toy and go lie down. if you are evem just mad in general, he goes and crawls up in a ball under my bed. got forbid you get mad at him. any ideas on how to make him be a bit aggressive instead of lying down all day, and beating him dont count, i think thats why he is so timid and paranoid now. poor pup

·
Buy a Fiat! Save the UAW!
14,442 Posts
just trade him for a meaner dog. its easier then ruining a nice one

·
Fuck talk, Duck walk!
15,014 Posts
Rape him, kick him in the balls or just beat him.

·
wen in doubt throttle out
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
holy shit. i love how this site gets about 6000 replies a minute. but no thanks on trading him, hes my little buddy lol, i wonder how he will like some whiskey...

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
Change his breed to "pit bull" and tell him everyday "you're a pit bull now act like the viscous breed you are. Also, move to a trailer and deal crack.

·
Haggard Fab
11,993 Posts
Get used to it. My lab is the same way, and now that I have a one year old, I like it.

·
Lifted Silverado :)
1,367 Posts
my golden retriever is aggressive. She wakes me up every morning with a tennis ball and drool dripping on my face. It used to be cute now i throw the ball and slam the door after she takes off for it and i go back to bed.

·
Out for the Summer!
5,098 Posts
It happens. Some dogs have timid Personalities. I'd see it as a Blessing. Why do you want it to be Aggressive? Most people struggle with making them less aggressive. I'd Agree with Yetti and don't ruin what sounds to be a great Dog by making it be aggressive.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Try using food to get him in the spirit a little more, like rewarding him every time he does what you want. Or just try and play tug a war with a T-bone I'll bet he doesn't let go.

·
bitter clinger
1,245 Posts
I got the same problem with my doberman. Trainers Ive checked with spend time pissing them off by inflicting pain to induce an attack. This supposedly builds confidence. I chose not to do it. I got a big gun instead and she has a big bark.

·
Buy a Fiat! Save the UAW!
14,442 Posts
If I can say anything its harder to correct the bad in a dog then the good. I was given a very nice Jack Russel about 11 months old. it had been raised by my 79 year old aunt. come to find out she beat the shit outta that dog! she would roll up a magazine and chase it down and when it would hide under stuff she would continue. well come back to when we get the dog, the dog starts raking her teeth don my kids face while they play with her. if she saw them as a threat she would drive them back by scraping her teeth down their faces. I got rid of her to another nicer older lady who has her still. great dog but not in the right company.

·
spelling nazi
2,563 Posts
Yea, lack of dominant behavior in a dog isn't really a bad thing.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts