Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Pew pew!
18,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While preparing for camping this weekend tonight, I was thinking of the next two camping weekends Dr. Kate and I have before summer hits. Usually the Pig Gig is the last weekend, but we're doing a weekend in October.

How late into the year do some of you guys camp? (Hunting doesn't count)

·
SlowBalt SS
2,493 Posts
Late October.. Riffle River, COLD mornings. Was fun though.

·
Get off my lawn.
3,692 Posts
I used to build these fucking SWEET igloos in the back yard and camp out in those. Does that count?

·
Tap Tap Splat
15,560 Posts
we've actually tent-camped in january, it was a total blast. it just takes the right mummy sack to sleep in... mines rated to -20*F

·
Fucking Zen as Shit
16,148 Posts
I have tent camped in Michigan in December and january.......

I am no longer that stupid.

Now the cutoff for me would be dependant on weather, late octoberish probally

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Last october me and 2 friends camped on the very tip of the Keweenaw (we could see Manitou Island from where we were camping, High Rock point if you know where that is). No tents or anything either, slept under the stars, listening to the waves crash into the rocks, watching ore boats go by at about 3 in the morning (could see their outline with all the lights). Can't think of anything better.

Oh yeah.... um october.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Year round. But I've also got a property in Grayling, with power and a camper. What a sight...:stan3: all over the snow.

·
circling the drain
35,863 Posts
year round, and I have no tent camped in january before, that was dumb. More like an alcohol induced passing out, lol.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts