Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
circling the drain
35,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Computer guys?

Ummmm I have window's XP, I am trying to update the windows internet exploder version 7.92352984529345234952345234523459872345.

Don't say firefox or mozilla cuz I hate it, I am used to IE's new dealywig,....

My choices are.....XP Prox64 or XP Service pack 2?

huh?

·
circling the drain
35,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for adding zero value to this discusson LOL

with how slow this computer is, I don't wanna take the chance....

·
Are we there yet?
1,994 Posts
You are most likely need Windows XP Service Pack 2, not the 64 bit edition.

If you do a CTRL ALT DEL combination you should see the OS type listed under Windows XP. If its anything other then "64-Bit Edition" then all you need is the XP Service Pack 2 edition.

·
6'-5" 209LB 16YR LEFTWING
15,745 Posts
Start.......control panel..........systems............general
should tell you in the middle of this menu....

·
Pwned
230 Posts
From the sounds of it you have an old pc. So you dont wanna do the 64 bit upgrade. You will need to upgrade to service pack two just to patch up a bunch of things in XP as it is. If you just want to download IE 7 go to this link.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/ie/default.mspx

Any other question checkout my website I will be posting tech casts here soon. Ill hook up any of the GL4x4 members with any help they need.

Computer Business

www.custom-computing.net

·
circling the drain
35,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. Very helpful :)

Laptop is a hp pavillion ze4800 probably 4-5 yrs old.

oh yeah and thanks to you too hack.

·
The N3rd
5,871 Posts
Start.......control panel..........systems............general
should tell you in the middle of this menu....
What he said, but just right click 'My Computer" then click properties. It's the right there when it pops up. :thumb:

·
(513) 891-8372
12,024 Posts
If you had XP64 then you would know it because you would have special ordered your computer with a 64 bit processor.

If you just bought an off the shelf computer, you don't have 64.

·
Blowd up
6,335 Posts
If you had XP64 then you would know it because you would have special ordered your computer with a 64 bit processor.

If you just bought an off the shelf computer, you don't have 64.
x2, and also you would know if you had 64, because most common accessories wouldn't work with your computer.

·
(513) 891-8372
12,024 Posts
x2, and also you would know if you had 64, because most common accessories wouldn't work with your computer.
:stan3:

Never had a problem with mine. Only thing that didn't work was an older 4x Panasonic CD burner.

But also at boot it would say XP64

·
Pwned
230 Posts
Agreed Firefox is the way to go. if you use IE then bill gates has you right where he wants you. who cares if IE7 has tabs they are just posers. Within the first week of IE7 being released it was hacked within 24 hours. Real men use Linux but what do I know i'm just nerd. Give opera a try you will be surprised how nice it is. It no longer has ads on it. Google owns it now. Before you know it Google will own the whole world!!!!!!! If your not happy after that switch to linux and then you will have no problems. Thats if you can handle linux!!

Good Luck ":)

·
circling the drain
35,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Agreed Firefox is the way to go. if you use IE then bill gates has you right where he wants you. who cares if IE7 has tabs they are just posers. Within the first week of IE7 being released it was hacked within 24 hours. Real men use Linux but what do I know i'm just nerd. Give opera a try you will be surprised how nice it is. It no longer has ads on it. Google owns it now. Before you know it Google will own the whole world!!!!!!! If your not happy after that switch to linux and then you will have no problems. Thats if you can handle linux!!

Good Luck ":)
way too much nerd talk right there....

·
circling the drain
35,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just wondering though...when did u try Firefox and why don't you like it? :confused:
It was on my work computer, I used it a little, but prefer and am used to IE.

That and it took FOREVER to open up, new tab, favorites, etc. Which was fine and dandy quick on IE....who knows.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts