Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Fancy Lady
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a paper cut and it made me realize that I have become a pussy. :sonicjay: I never get hurt at work anymore.

Granted I could die if an excavator ran over me or something... And my cruise down Telegraph every morning is pretty scary. But that's about it.

What dangers do you face everyday at work???

·
Blowd up
6,335 Posts
Right now I am in danger of our plotter blowing up. It has been making weird noises lately. Also, if I were to spill my cappuccino on my USB keyboard, I might get electrocuted.

·
Me balls are huge
2,543 Posts
Sometimes I burn my fingers pulling my bagel out of the toaster in the cafeteria.

Also I worry about my cell phone falling in the toilet when I'm crapping.

·
Full taste of tender
5,373 Posts
Just 200 degree water. thats about the only danger. OH YEAH and wet tile... you just might slip and break your knee cap in 1/2 :tonka:

·
Premium Member
10,939 Posts
When I worked in a Chemical Plant, that was a place that always kept you on your toes, anybody know what Oxides are, or Monomers? NASTY stuff like EO, PO, TDA, Styrene, KOH, Butane, Anhydrous HCL, TMHQ, and the list goes on. Plus working out in ALL weather, or inside vessels/pressure tanks and reactors, or in areas of 140 degree atmosphere.

Now, work in a Power House around industrial Boilers and Chillers, it ain't so bad, I've been doing this for quite a while, sometimes the hieghts get a bit extreme but it's all good. Still very hot at times though.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Right now I am in danger of our plotter blowing up. It has been making weird noises lately. Also, if I were to spill my cappuccino on my USB keyboard, I might get electrocuted.
lol, with 5 volts!

At the hospital, I am routinely in situations where I could be exposed to many communicable diseases (HIV, Hepatitis, tuberculosis, etc). I just had to get a TB test because we found out a patient had TB a month after we treated him. I have also had crazy people try to kill, bite, scratch, kick, punch me frequently.

·
HURL SCOUTS
10,007 Posts
being covered with fixer and developer when the processor screws up. if the exhaust fan failed on the unit it would spew amonia vapor into my office.
I work in printing so I get cut on paper, film, cardboard, metal plates all the time. sometimes I get printing ink on my jeans and have to clean them when I get home nothing dangerous, but pisses me off none the less.

·
Cadillac pimpin
3,632 Posts
i carry a gun and walk around section 8/HUD housing units all day in the city.

breaking up parties/drug deals/fights in the ghetto is not fun. and by "the ghetto", I don't mean just low-income people living in subsidized housing in a "bad side of town"...i mean drug run neighborhoods, abandoned/burned down buildings, and a lot of angry, angry people, with nothing to lose in Detroit.

ive been mased, punched, and had glass bottles thrown at me... but never been seriously injured.

·
Cadillac pimpin
3,632 Posts
oh yea..and I almost stepped on a bloody surrienge (sp?) this morning as I stepped out of my car enjoying my coffee.

:tonka:

·
Fancy Lady
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I used to work in a foundry that deals mainly with aluminum and magnesium. Sometimes when it rained the roof would leak and we would have explosions. I still have scars from molten magnesium.

Then I worked on a farm... I broke my arm, my tail bone and my collar bone.

When I worked at Peterbilt I used to get cuts, burns, and smashed fingers. I still have a scar on my chest from molten steel falling down my shirt.

Now I am afraid of papercuts....

·
Registered
892 Posts
Printed newspapers for years and seen more accidents from stupid people. Had to pry to 36 inch wide massive cylinders apart that crushed a morons hand up to his elbow before we could get it stopped.

Came close to being crushed from one ton rolls of paper many times.

Every chemical we used has be changed due to causing cancer.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Here are the risks that I face every day.

Radiation exposure could cause blindness and cancer.

The repetive nature of my job has been known to cause nerve damage in peoples hands.

I could trip commuting to my basement where I spend 8-12 hours per day.

I am a computer programmer for an insurance company. A good paper cut could lead to 2 days off.

Jeff

·
The Biohazards
4,147 Posts
I used to work on live gas mains...

now I work with Hack and Kerry

I think I am in more danger now since Kerry fires everyone. I am sure one will become a mass murderer and come in on a shooting spree lol

1 - 20 of 154 Posts