Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Now pedals a bicycle
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i go upstairs to try to cleanse my guts of the jalapeno chips (see ow my guts post for more info). and i take my shirt off to get ready for the deed. I notice the ingrown hair that i had pulled out last week was still getting a little bit bigger and harder to the touch and tender. so what do i do? i decide to sterilize a brand new exacto knife, and a safety pin.

long story short, lots of kleenex, hydrogen peroxide, and alcohol swabs, and i pulled 8-10 1" long hairs all coiled up from inside my dime sized red mark. now i can stick an entire q-tip into the hole and under the skin (wound therapy term = undermining). now i got some neosporine and a gause over it.

shit'll buff out

my wife is pissed, she is a PA student on rotations and couldn't watch me, cause for some reason i am different than anyone else she cuts on.

what home surgeries have you performed?

·
Master Cocksman
8,820 Posts
Got a sliver stuck in my finger strait paralle with the finger. A Knife and plyers and 20 minuites later I passed out, after getting the 2 1/4 inch splinter out. Fucker hurt, bad.

·
Full taste of tender
5,373 Posts
I kind of like digging out ingrown hairs lol

I take out ingrowns regularly with tweezers and alcohol. Ive detached a toenail after I dropped a big picture frame on it. there was blood under it and all around it, but i had to physically cut the skin around the edges to get it to actually come off.... youch and yuck

·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
I thought I got a sliver from treated lumber in the palm meat between my thumb and wrist. I did the same thing as you and went in looking for it.

I didn't find anything, but I made a pretty big hole. I still have a small scar.

·
Tap Tap Splat
15,563 Posts
i did some awesome surgery on an ingrown toenail. Put my foot in a cooler filled with ice, water and cans of beer till it was numb and went to town on the little mofo with a box cutter.

It was fantastic.

·
Now pedals a bicycle
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea, i pull these damn things out all the time. this one was different. somehow i knew this guy was special, and after the 1/2" incision with the 'scalpal' i saw that there was a whole new world opening up to me.

it was like a pilonidal cyst (google it) on my chest or something. i wish i took a pic of the little 'tuft' of hair that came out

·
The land of Boredom..
4,224 Posts
i damn near cut the tip of my finger off. was an hour into my shift, at a job i couldnt leave, so some fishing line, a safety pin, a scott paper towel and some ducttape later, my finger was stitched and wrapped. finally made it to the hospital, a disgusted nurse, and 2 doctors later. they fixed it right. all with no numbing shit.

·
Eye candy
10,044 Posts
Ingrown toenails, slivers, ingrown hairs, etc. nothing spectacular

although i did get started at an early age, i road my bike a lot, would fall off get road rash, a week later realize that its infected. Then go to dig out a rock or whatever. yeah i was like 12.

·
Bike Dude
2,103 Posts
My brother has lost a 2 toe nails due to soccer over the past couple years. Thursday he was playing and his toe was crushed again. Last night it was full of blood and getting pretty painful. He tried to heat up a needle so he could poke a hole in his nail and relieve the pressure. Damn toenail was too thick.

So in with the drill! It went through he jerked and after pushing all the fluid out he about passed out. The toenail should be saved for the summer though.

·
I only wheel a boat.
17,274 Posts
yea, i pull these damn things out all the time. this one was different. somehow i knew this guy was special, and after the 1/2" incision with the 'scalpal' i saw that there was a whole new world opening up to me.

it was like a pilonidal cyst (google it) on my chest or something. i wish i took a pic of the little 'tuft' of hair that came out
During World War II, more than 80,000 soldiers developed pilonidal cysts requiring hospitalization. Because so many of the afflicted servicemen rode in bumpy Jeeps for prolonged periods of time, it was termed "Jeep disease."

Shit jeep things no longer burn when you pee, they also make a cyst on your ass.

·
The Boss
2,828 Posts
lots of work on many nasty ingrown toenails ( same toe jsut failed a lot at gettin it all out) over a year or so in highschool. I finnally got it done permanently from a real doctor, but that took a few visits as well because of it being infected like hell.

slivers.

the best was a planters wart on the ball of my foot, made a huge crater and looked kind neat with all the stringy roots i had to dig out.

overall nothing spectacular.

·
******* Poser
7,971 Posts
My company had a warehouse in Columbus and they sent me to close it up. When I was down there I was cutting some LVL's up with a chainsaw and piling them behind me. I went to step back after finishing the pile and stabbed this 'sliver' in my calf about the size of a pencil. I grabbed it and pulled it out and went about my business. Few months later I noticed that my leg had a lump and itched like hell. I started feeling around and realized it was were this 'sliver' had been. When I got home I cut it open with an exacto knife and pulled out a 3/4" chunk of wood. I put peroxide on it and closed it with superglue.

·
Mr. Merrill MI
513 Posts
soon after we moved into our house, I got a spider bite on my side.
On a drive down a bumpy road in my work van, The seatbelt was rubbing it and hurting like a MOFO.
I thought to myslef "self, if you get the pressure off it it wont hurt as bad"
I took out the torch, heated up my jacknife, rubbed it in alcohol and cut away.

A few days later, it didnt seem any better.
I got into a doctor and she asked what happened. I told her Dr. Shebester did a roadside operation. She said I wish you hadnt done that then fixed it up.

Gave myself a 3" scar on my side.

·
Home Sweet Homicide
3,685 Posts
NO stories like the dude out West a few years back that had to saw off his own arm when it got stuck in between a couple rocks?

Nothing major here either; hairs and 'nails.

We would use really small drill bits to put holes through fingernails to relieve the blood underneath where I worked before. It was kinda funny to see how many people had the little holes from this after awhile.

·
The Boss
2,828 Posts
NO stories like the dude out West a few years back that had to saw off his own arm when it got stuck in between a couple rocks?
saw that a while ago! that was crazy. The one i saw at least wasn't much "sawing" as it was cutting all the meat to get to the boone, then having to break the bone.

some sick shit. I don't kn ow if i'd be able to do it how he described he had to.

·
NEVER GIVE UP!
3,964 Posts
just duct tape for butterfly stiche's more times then I can count, just yesterday I had to do it, I cut my finger on a piece of broken glass block, went right thru my glove in to my finger. about 2 inch long and 1/2" deep. Gauze and duct tape its a hillbilly band-aid

·
Fuck talk, Duck walk!
15,016 Posts
I "broke" my ankle and couldnt go the the hospital. I just taped & wrapped it up real good and we on with life. First week or 2 i rolled around on a walker, then progressed to a cane.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts