Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK... so I just got done talking to my dad about the stove top at my parents' house. It seems that during one of the storms a few weeks back, it started acting up.

All 4 ignitors would start trying to ignite constantly. None of the knobs were turned on at all. My brother was home at the time it happened and tried different combinations of turning the knobs on, starting the stove and turning them off. The whole time the ignitors would keep clicking.

Since my parents have a separate double oven, the stove top electrical plug in just behind some drawers. My brother took the drawers out and unplugged it from the wall. Tried to plug it back in to see if it would reset... the clicking continued.

Anyone have this problem before?

Is there a "reset" on these things? Under the stove top is a metal cover... looks to not be to easy to take off.

·
Stick it up your ass
3,071 Posts
Is it a Kitchenaid by any chance? rents had that issue with their stove. Was a bad circuit board that went out. Think it cost them $400 to have it replaced.

·
Living on the Edge
2,077 Posts
Is it a Kitchenaid by any chance? rents had that issue with their stove. Was a bad circuit board that went out. Think it cost them $400 to have it replaced.
sounds about right. short in the ignition circuit would cause this. your parents could contact their home owners insurance company and find out about storm coverage.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It actually is a kitchenaid... hahaha.

I took a power strip, plugged it in and plugged the stove into that(So I could use it as a temporary fix... flip on the strip when needed). For whatever reason, it stopped acting up... I think I may just keep the power strip back behind the drawers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts