Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Gustafson
9,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been back and forth with a granite contractor for months. I was hospitalized several weeks back which delayed things, now we are set to demo tomorrow (3/18) with installation a few days after. My wife is freaking out that I am moving forward with this right now. what say you GL4x4? Should I be putting this guy off again? I thought get it over with as quickly as possible so we could put the house on lock down once I start working from home next week. She wants it postponed for gawd knows how long.

·
Life=Short. Jeeps=Cool
3,883 Posts
Do it, if we want things to go back to normal eventually we've gotta keep behaving normally. Obviously take precautions but I personally went out and bought drywall mud just in the event I got a couple of weeks at home, I want to get my front room done

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
N8KVB
4,390 Posts
I have a entire gage full of stuff I bought at Menards last week, if I have to stay home I am going to get a few projects knocked out!

If it required people coming into my home, I would be a bit more cautious as that's exactly the type of thing we are supposed to avoid if possible....but life keeps going.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
My wife is wanting me to repaint the interior of the house. She's picked out colors. So if it slows a little for me i'll be doing what I do everyday, paint.

·
Gustafson
9,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a entire gage full of stuff I bought at Menards last week, if I have to stay home I am going to get a few projects knocked out!

If it required people coming into my home, I would be a bit more cautious as that's exactly the type of thing we are supposed to avoid if possible....but life keeps going.
Yes, this was the reason for this post. I will be having a contractor / contractors in my home. She could care less if I was doing remodeling. I was thinking of having them wear masks. (I still have a box from when my mom was alive and going through chemo)

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,439 Posts
Do it and get it over with. This lockdown shit will be over eventually, and I think you'll be much happier if you have that little project completed. Plus, if you've already been back and forth, having to delay, just do it so it's done.

·
Gustafson
9,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do it and get it over with. This lockdown shit will be over eventually, and I think you'll be much happier if you have that little project completed. Plus, if you've already been back and forth, having to delay, just do it so it's done.
That was my thought as well.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
That was my thought as well.
I would think now would be a good time to get home improvements completed.
The swine flu was more deadly than this and life moved on and for the most part nobody over reacted as they are now.

·
Desert Rat
7,009 Posts
Do it.
Keep your distance, don’t share your cup with strangers.

·
Kitten I'm gonna eat you!
3,734 Posts
I was actually thinking of posting something along these lines.

Do I need to finish my attached garage ceiling with drywall or can I use OSB painted white and would that be too gawdy?

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
buck up butter cup :sonicjay: let the guy do his job and get out of your life for good. there is plenty of time for overreacting after the guy has his job done .

RBB

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,101 Posts
I don't intend to do any work around the house. Gotta save my energy and stay well rested - just in case. :d:

·
Gustafson
9,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't intend to do any work around the house. Gotta save my energy and stay well rested - just in case. :d:
Well, you are old... :teehee:

·
Axle breakin' 101
3,119 Posts
Yup wife had me buy paint yesterday for my "every 3 years" indoor repaint. But i stocked up on beer and booze last week so im good. And did anyone notice gas is super cheap? I filled the car, truck and all my gas cans. I have a sealable 30 gal steel drum im thinking of filling.

·
Gustafson
9,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just don't lick the contractors face and you'll be fine
:sonicjay:

We postponed the installation. My wife is literally melting down. She is very upset that I am still working. I think she fails to realize that's how we pay for things like food... (she has been working from home for a week now)

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I was actually thinking of posting something along these lines.

Do I need to finish my attached garage ceiling with drywall or can I use OSB painted white and would that be too gawdy?
OSB painted will work fine. I would use a stain blocking primer as your first coat then two coats of a decent eggshell paint.

·
Kitten I'm gonna eat you!
3,734 Posts
OSB painted will work fine. I would use a stain blocking primer as your first coat then two coats of a decent eggshell paint.
Cool. Its a toss up between ceiling rated drywall and 3/8 OSB. Its got a drywall firewall between the house and the garage, but the ceiling is open. Looks like a trip to Menards is in order.

·
Axle breakin' 101
3,119 Posts
Cool. Its a toss up between ceiling rated drywall and 3/8 OSB. Its got a drywall firewall between the house and the garage, but the ceiling is open. Looks like a trip to Menards is in order.
I did my whole garage in osb, you can actually screw shit to it and when you throw the occasional wrench you dont have to kick a hole in the bottom of the drywall to get it back out.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts