Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a Hoist company that could give me an estimate for installing a hoist or if it can even be done in my current barn.
My peak ceiling height is 13 feet but my truss height is 9 feet.
Do you guys have any suggestions?
Located in metro Detroit.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
157 Posts
build a bigger barn. make a framed hole for lift capacities, get a floor hoist, mid lift hoist, talk to hoist company, check out products required dimensions, break vehicles that do not require a lift, dig a hole and install a ladder in case you want to climb out of it.

·
Registered
575 Posts
You talking a lift as in 2 or 4 post? Or a actual hoist that runs on a rail? If you’re wanting a go hoist I’d get a gantry crane. Very mobile. You can cut ur trusses out and re-brace em to make extra height if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
When I built my barn I left out a truss over one stall and tripled up on perlins instead. So all my truss' are 4.5' on center except for over 1 stall of the barn is 9' between truss. This allows me room to bring up a vehicle on a hoist with a 10' side wall.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Low Range Drifter
8,336 Posts
I bought my lift from Aresco in Pontiac. I did install, so didn't talk with them if they do installs.

They sell a few brands and had them in stock.

Looks like they moved to Southfield.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

·
Yooper In Training
7,168 Posts
Aresco is the company I was referred to as well. I have no personal experience, but a friend was working with them on a possible purchase and had good things to say.

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,371 Posts
I have an old Rotary 2 post with the cables at floor level. I bought it because I have a low ceiling and I didn't have room for the overhead frame. It works great but if you can avoid the floor level cables - you should. It's normally not a problem but when pulling a trans, it's a PITA to use a trans jack.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts