Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Covered in mud...
17,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder how my benefits will get screwed with....

To the bin!

·
Covered in mud...
17,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You whore. How much did you go for?
Depends on if you wanted 30 minutes or an hour :tonka:

Naw, Continental AG just bought Siemens VDO automotive. I wonder if I can combine my 2.75 years at Siemens with my 2.5 years at Continental and get into a better benefit class...

·
WWSD - What would stan do
11,206 Posts

Naw, Continental AG just bought Siemens VDO automotive. I wonder if I can combine my 2.75 years at Siemens with my 2.5 years at Continental and get into a better benefit class...
:sonicjay: :sonicjay:

I wouldn't push your luck

·
Swamp Stomper
981 Posts
I wonder if I can combine my 2.75 years at Siemens with my 2.5 years at Continental and get into a better benefit class...
Put that on your list of demands when you decide to take hostages:thumb:

·
Premium Member
14,639 Posts
Rumor has it, another large sale will be announced by Thursday (well, the due diligence will begin Thursday)

·
Small, but talented
2,749 Posts
Just heard Venture is looking at Cadence.

Cadence was looking at Collins and Aikman

IAC is snapping up bits of C&A.

Sol, what's your rumor?

·
Premium Member
14,639 Posts
Just heard Venture is looking at Cadence.

IAC is snapping up bits of C&A.

Sol, what's your rumor?
We are under contract from one of the potential buyers, so I cannot tell. But it involves an OEM

·
O.G.
4,287 Posts

As in the old continental motors from Muskegon?

·
Covered in mud...
17,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As in the old continental motors from Muskegon?
No, Continental AG, which is Continental General Tire, Continental Teves (group I used to work for), Continental Temic, etc..

·
Registered
492 Posts
collins and aikman

Flexngate, the parent company of ventra have purchased 4 collins and aikman plants, including evart operations, my wife is employed there,mudrunner:bdr2: :thumb:

·
One shot, One Kill
462 Posts

Having my employer owned by Siemens at one time, all that I can say is that I can not get far enough away from those *#*$%#'s!!!!!! I have no use for them or any of their products. They are all modern day Nazi's.

·
Jeeps, Journey and Jesus
1,651 Posts
I work for an employee benefits provider (Healthcare, Life, disability insurance) and typically with takeovers, its a 50/50 chance that you will retain your previous plan or get the new buying company's benefits.

Not that you didn't already know that, but that is what I typically see in the market. Depending on the industry, for the most part, larger employers have better benefits as well.

·
done haulin
1,327 Posts
IAC has bought about 4 Lear plants that I deal with everyday.

·
Just The Spouse's spouse
1,885 Posts
Cadence Innovation Continues Pursuit Of Collins & Aikman Transaction
12 Jul 2007
TROY, Mich., July 12, 2007 -- Cadence Innovation announced today that it continues its efforts to acquire certain assets and operations of the Collins & Aikman ("C&A") plastics business.

Our continued interest in these assets and operations stems from our goal of providing continued support to our customers, said Jerry Mosingo, President & Chief Executive Officer, Cadence Innovation.

Any subsequent announcements will be made as appropriate.

Cadence Innovation is an automotive supplier offering design, engineering, manufacturing, and assembly/sequencing solutions for interior and exterior components, systems and modules in four areas - instrument panels/interior trim/cockpits, painted exteriors (including modules), doors/door modules and cargo management systems. The company has over 4,200 employees at 17 facilities in the United States, Hungary and the Czech Republic and supplies its products to automotive manufacturers around the world.

·
Covered in mud...
17,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I work for an employee benefits provider (Healthcare, Life, disability insurance) and typically with takeovers, its a 50/50 chance that you will retain your previous plan or get the new buying company's benefits.

Not that you didn't already know that, but that is what I typically see in the market. Depending on the industry, for the most part, larger employers have better benefits as well.
Oh, I wasn't asking any questions, I've been through this before...

·
Covered in mud...
17,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Did you know a William Kozyra when you worked at Continental Teves?
Well, I sat and BS'd with him a few times. He was a very nice guy. Considering that he was the president of the company and I was an engineer, we didn't really hang out all the time. Very competant leader, though, best I've worked for.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts