Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
I fix stuff!
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am in the same boat as everyone else in Michigan with their job. I still have a job but I just took a big pay cut and had my hours reduced (again). I like my job but I am looking for something to supplement my income. I am available after 4:00pm during the week and anytime during the weekends. I would be happy to work a day or two or longer if that is what is needed.

My skills: I am a state certified Master Automobile Mechanic with exceptional diagnostic skills. I am also Heavy Truck and ASE certified.

I am currently working as an equipment mechanic for Lingle Equipment in Saginaw. Feel free to call my boss Tim @ 989-754-7801 to see if I know my stuff. I work on fork trucks (internal combustion and electric), Sky Traks, platform lifts, Kubota tractors, and anything else that can be thrown at me. I am a road mechanic and I enjoy being out in the field repairing equipment. Also, I am Nissan Factory Certified to work on the latest greatest F1 and F2 series fork trucks. I have to be careful about this because I entered a non-competition agreement with my employer. If you are interested in me doing some work along these lines I will need to clear it with my boss.

I also have a background in analytical and research chemistry. I worked in an Environmental lab in the late 80s and in research at Dow Chemical from January 1990 until October of 1994. I have an Associates of Applied Science in Environmental Control and Protection Technology. I know it seems strange but I changed careers because I found mechanical and electrical diagnoses more interesting than chemistry

Other skills: CDL Class A, F endorsement, current medical card, tow truck experience with light and medium duty trucks. CLEAN DRIVING RECORD

I also have a backhoe I can bring out to somebody if they need some stuff move around or a hole dug (when things thaw). It’s an older unit but it can dig down about 12 feet.

One last thing. I have a full blown auto repair shop in Auburn if you need anything repaired. I have a lathe and a bridgeport along with lots of welders should you need something wierd repaired or made.

I know this is long winded but I’m just throwing everything out there. If you would like me to send a resume with contact information, just PM me.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, Dave

·
Pickup Agent
2,094 Posts
Dave, no need to fret over the "no compete" thing. Not worth the paper it's written on. I signed one also, when I went to work at AIS. :sonicjay:

·
I fix stuff!
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dave, no need to fret over the "no compete" thing. Not worth the paper it's written on. I signed one also, when I went to work at AIS. :sonicjay:
Thanks Ed. My concern is that I'm still employed with this company. If they find out I am working on stuff on the side they will can me. If I get offered full time work in the same field they can bite my ass.

·
Pickup Agent
2,094 Posts
One of the salesmen from AIS drove past my place on his way to and from work. Seems like he asked me about me having a Komatsu in the yard once. *cough* rargreen *cough*

B

·
0 Posts
They can't keep you from working for someone else, but they can keep you from working for them

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
That's right. My former employer had all of us sign them, too. I refused so I submitted a letter stating why. I was a supervisor/office administrator within GM. My reason for not signing was that I could be an office administrator anywhere in any industry and they didn't have the "corner on the market or knowledge". Co-workers told me I wouldn't see a raise and would probably be let go.
I lasted another 4 years until I left on my own and also had a $2.75/hour pay increase in the meantime.
Michigan, the at-will state where non-compete clauses don't hold up in court.

B

·
0 Posts
Did you not see your $10.75 extra in your check via the NoBaMa Stimulus bull?

I say give him enuff rope, he will hang us all!

·
I fix stuff!
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm just looking for some part time work right now. I really like my job and am hoping my employer pulls through. If the right position becames available I would consider full time employment.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I kinda do the same things you do just a little more industrial and most of my side work has dryed up. Its a sad day when someone with that much experience doesn't have work knocking on the door. Have you tried putting an ad in the local AG paper, farmers still have money and lots of equipment to repair before planting.

·
I fix stuff!
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I kinda do the same things you do just a little more industrial and most of my side work has dryed up. Its a sad day when someone with that much experience doesn't have work knocking on the door. Have you tried putting an ad in the local AG paper, farmers still have money and lots of equipment to repair before planting.
Good idea.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts