Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
welfare wheeler
6,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
these axles are from a 79 ford bronco. they wheeled perfect the weekend i pulled them from the rusty truck they were from. front comes with radius arms, track bar and all the tierods. rear is complete 9 inch drum to drum.
3.50 ratio open. 275.00 for the pair

would swap the nine for a good 44 rear 60 to 65 in wide

·
lost
7,378 Posts
excuse me for not being prevy on the info for these axles but I taked it that the front 44 is pass drop?

·
Yeeeee Haaaaw!
6,801 Posts
I'm interested but need to move some other parts/pieces first.... U take any trades????

·
Registered
702 Posts
these axles are from a 79 ford bronco. they wheeled perfect the weekend i pulled them from the rusty truck they were from. front comes with radius arms, track bar and all the tierods. rear is complete 9 inch drum to drum.
3.50 ratio open. 275.00 for the pair

would swap the nine for a good 44 rear 60 to 65 in wide
Joe, not interested in the axles but wonder why a D44 rear ? An 8.8 would be cheaper and a helluva lot stronger

·
Registered
702 Posts
8.8 is a c-clip axle though, D44 isnt

9" would be stronger than both of those. granted its not as easy to do disk brakes as the 8.8 or D44.
So,
The rotor will keep the axle from coming out if the C clip breaks. Plenty of kits to change to clipless.

Yes the 9 inch is stronger but the pinion angle sucks. Pinion centerline is 2.25 below axle centerline. 8.8 is about 1.125. A big differance in a short wheelbase

1 - 12 of 12 Posts