Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
42,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
make a SOA 2" lift spring that doesn't break or go flat, but also flexes.

:sonicjay::sonicjay:

I'll be first in line with my checkbook

I had to move this from the vendor's forum because I'm not a vendor and the post wasn't showing up there. :sonicjay:

·
Registered
455 Posts
you have more shit break than anyone i have ever heard of.

for serious.
That is one of the reasons CC wants us to make the springs...if/when he breaks them he would get new ones for free!

CC - Did you break another RE spring? What is it about them that is a problem?

I don't know if we would get rich, but I do agree that there is still a good market for them. Plus, I am starting to think my YJ needs a spring-over....

Anybody else on here in the market for SOA springs?

·
Premium Member
42,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, I did not break another spring. I went to pull my jeep out of my barn after it not moving for a long time and the thing looks like a fat chick has been sleeping in my passenger seat for 2 months. The spring is totally flat. This would be the 3rd spring to go flat. The first one to go flat was the driver side and I just attributed that to torque, the 2nd time it was the driver side and I thought the same thing.. Now it's the passenger side. It is sitting so crooked that I would have noticed it when I had parked it.. Hell, I even have my winch off the jeep right now...

I used to run BDS springs before the YJ was linked in the rear, and I had severe flex issues. Wonder if I would be fine by putting another set up front and hoping the larger tires I'm now running would make the springs bend...

I guess in the spring world, you either have strong springs that don't flex much, or you have flexy springs that wear out quick.. Seems like there should be one more set, right in the middle.

·
81 inches of fun
14,297 Posts
I thought the 2" springs they made were their 'SOA' spring. That is why I bought them. I ran them SUA to break them in, and they seemed pretty flexy then and now that they are SOA even more so, but I have not actually wheeled the YJ with them in SOA configuration yet, just driveway wheeling.

Edit: mine are about 6 or so years old...

·
i like jungle gym's.
10,920 Posts
i have gone through 3 rear springs.i would be in for some good leaves.

·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
I've ran the same BDS 2" packs for 7 years, the first 2 being SUA; I bought them used from Sandals, he ran them for 5. They rode awesome.

When I put in the d44's 3 or 4 years ago, I added a YJ secondary leaf to the packs, they then rode crappy.

My Jeep sits level yo but my springs are flat, and ride like poo poo.

·
Mall Rated
1,599 Posts
I used to run BDS springs before the YJ was linked in the rear, and I had severe flex issues. Wonder if I would be fine by putting another set up front and hoping the larger tires I'm now running would make the springs bend...

Would the weight of the V8 make the BDS front springs flex better along with the tires :confused:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.