Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Pickup Agent
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want my hero button. I pulled a 4 month old out of a flopped car just now. Kept him warm in my car, while the Mom and other kid were removed. No injuries. It was setting on it's right side, in very deep snow. (over my waist). Late model GP, not even a scratch. FD and ambulance people got there, and fire chief chopped the windshield out, and busted the back window. :sonicjay: Prolly totalled the car. Made me feel kinda stupid, for climbing the car, and opening the driver's door. :nana: Guess they have to err on the side of caution. :poke:

·
iamfawkinwithyou
20,722 Posts
I hate FD that suck at PR, no need to destroy property if its avoidable. Yes I am an ex fire

·
Get off my lawn.
3,692 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Good on you! The FD seem to get off on wrecking things. I had a member come running up to my derby car in the feature this year when I was restarting my car after a red, The carb flamed up a little and just before he extinguished my engine I turned my extinguisher loose on him while starting the car :sonicjay: He loved it.

·
Pickup Agent
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, it wasn't as glorious as buying dog food, with you unemployment check, but I did have a few people slow down, and gawk at me. How many people would do that at the animal shelter ?

·
NO RELIGION WAT!
28,165 Posts
I recall a time when my dad and I watched a station wagon do barrel rolls down the road after launching up a snow embankment. My dad helped the woman and her daughter out of the car and let them stay warm in our dodge van. I remember asking the girl if it was scary and she replied, "nope."

lol

·
Praise the lowered
2,962 Posts
I want my hero button. I pulled a 4 month old out of a flopped car just now. Kept him warm in my car, while the Mom and other kid were removed. No injuries. It was setting on it's right side, in very deep snow. (over my waist). Late model GP, not even a scratch. FD and ambulance people got there, and fire chief chopped the windshield out, and busted the back window. :sonicjay: Prolly totalled the car. Made me feel kinda stupid, for climbing the car, and opening the driver's door. :nana: Guess they have to err on the side of caution. :poke:
Congrats for being a good samaritan.

·
I fix stuff!
13,804 Posts

Good job. My Douche-O-Meter just swept back into the green zone reguarding you.

·
Premium Member
1,998 Posts
Yikes, glad the FD didn't do that to my Jeep two weeks ago! (they were out there, we just got out first)

Good for you Ed, I've never been on the receiving end of a situation like that until my accident and I have to tell you, seeing a concerned face peeking in the glass and knowing your kids are safe and warm while you deal with the situation gives you so much peace of mind.

It's hard to put into words, thank you for being there for them though.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts