Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
hoo dat. wat.
21,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent an hour in Swan's today and most of their stock is picked clean, and what I could find in my size is made in China. I am looking for a "local" shop that would stock boots made in the U.S.A. or Canada (eh!).

I want something that'll fit under my carharts and my feet won't freeze (or get packed with snow) when I do chores outside.

Any suggestions?

·
Web Wheeling!
1,390 Posts
Oakley (yes the sunglasses brand) actually makes great boots. I own a pair and absolutely love them. Very comfortable and lightweight. Plus they're rated down to -20. They don't make my pair anymore but the boots they make now look even better than mine.

·
hoo dat. wat.
21,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
hoo dat. wat.
21,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rocky Boots

http://www.rockyboots.com/Default.aspx

U.S. Made.

Love mine

Light weight, yet very warm and waterproof.

Okay, I just looked at their website and I could find nothing that says "Made in the USA". I'm not calling you a liar Pete, however, I am skeptical of a boot with 1200g of thinsulate, made in America, for $120. :(

·
Chrome Trucker Chicks Rul
3,217 Posts
buy mickey mouse boots from the surplus store. black should be warm enough for MI, but... your choice. These boots don't have to be dries out and will even keep your feet warm if you poured a glass of water inside each boot in arctic conditions.

$70 in port huron. usually $90ish

"what are mickey mouse boots?"
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-mickey-mouse-boots.htm

·
3,217 Posts

·
hoo dat. wat.
21,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
3,217 Posts
they should have them at most surplus stores.

I have worked in weather where the diesel air compressor would not start and have only ever wore 1 pair of cotton sweat socks in these boots.

·
I have an avatar. Yippee.
4,292 Posts
It's probably further than you want to drive, but Cabela's will have the most variety and largest selection: Rocky, Sorel, LaCrosse, Merrell, and Cabela's house brand.

I don't remember where they're made, but my LaCrosse "Ice Kings" I bought 14yrs ago when I lived in the Soo are still going strong and toasty warm. I have a pair of Rocky boots which are ~ 10yrs old and doin' great. My experience with Cabela's brand boots has been very positive, too.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.