Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara. I don't know much when it comes to under the hood. That was my father's territory but he's since passed so I'm left to figure things out on my own. So here's the trouble I'm having if ANYONE can give me some advice. The car starts fine, gauges all fine, just got an oil change the other day, drives fine, interior lights go on, radio works, A/C works, then when I go to stop at a stop sign or put the car in park it just stalls. It will start right back up however and even idle fine. Could this be bad gas? Or something worse? I'll take any helpful thoughts!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks I appreciate any feedback. Any thoughts on a reasonable reliable place to take the ole jeep into? (near the Fenton area...or what's left of it)

·
circling the drain
35,863 Posts
Did the check engine light come on at anytime?

As Fullthrottle mentioned Unlimited has a former jeep/chrysler tech at the shop.

If you prefer a traditional shop Dewey's on North Leroy is reputable.

42,948 Posts
Don't bring it to a shop! This is probably something simple. Theres a ton of people in/around fenton with a scan tool, or some knowledge about jeeps!

·
8,046 Posts
Do you realize how many of you would have flamed any guy that posted this here.:tonka:

Add another "yes" to unlimited offroad.

·
8,046 Posts
Don't bring it to a shop! This is probably something simple. Theres a ton of people in/around fenton with a scan tool, or some knowledge about jeeps!
What about that boat guy that had a buggy a looong time ago? I think he lives by the cemetery and school.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks. Tell Sarah to call me about a time. I appreciate it.

Geez go easy Mongo...I'm new to this...give a girl a break. :)

·
circling the drain
35,863 Posts
X2

a lot of single guys too lol :sonicjay:

i ask if the check engine light has come on at anytime because if it has you may have a trouble code that will help you diagnose this issue, swing up to autozone or fenton automotive and see if there are any trouble codes.

Or you can get in your jeep and turn the key to "run" off "run" off run off run and see if any codes appear.

I am in and out of fenton all day today and will take a look to see if codes can be pulled since it sounds electrcical, sensor, etc related.

If codes come up, read em, buy the part, fixed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
no the check engine light didn't come on and I haven't seen any codes. I will try the "run off" to see if any appear.

a dozen killians...not a bad deal

·
8,046 Posts
Thanks. Tell Sarah to call me about a time. I appreciate it.

Geez go easy Mongo...I'm new to this...give a girl a break. :)
That was in no way directed to you. The "boys" on this site like to be sarcastic and bitchy when someone posts in the wrong section. I just found it funny that they are being such gentlemen.:sonicjay:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts