Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Home Sweet Homicide
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 4x8 utility trailer from my uncle's co-worker. Seems to be well-built along with heavier-ply tires and #2500 springs on it. I mainly have it for hauling my JD lawn tractor and such but an occasional load of firewood too. The problem is there aren't any sides but 2x4 pockets on it.

I was thinking maybe just some "1/2 plywood and 2x4s about '2 or '3 high. Maybe just a couple lag bolts or something to hold it together. I am not looking for anything fancy or $$.

Suggestions?

·
The land of Boredom..
4,224 Posts
if it has pockets, front rear, and sides, just built yourself some walls, with plywood, and 2x4s. and use some kind of latch to the hold the sides to the front, and rear that way, its still easily removable if need be.

·
Home Sweet Homicide
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I used door hinges to hold my sides together at the corners. Knock the hinge pin out and take them off piece by piece when you want the sides off.
Hmm. I think I have a few of those laying around too.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Hmm. I think I have a few of those laying around too.
I like that idea, my utility trailer about the same size has plywood and 2x4 sides that drop into pockets. The corners were secured with a piece of angle iron with bolts from the opposite side into the angle iron. Always a pain to line everything up and not loose bolts, nuts, and washers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.