Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
2006 Grand Cherokee
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so I am in the process of building up my rig.

It has been sitting in a field in my yard for awhile but now I am getting ready to take it out and work on it!

I trimmed away all the weeds and tall grass that was around it, polished the outer surface with a silicon based polish/lubricant, And added some metal hardware to it

Now I looking into the other steps. I am thinking that the outside is looking really flashy now, but I dont know if the driveshaft will be long enough to reach while under fullll articulation. I have tried to not worry about it because i wanted to try some other things before i put much more time/energy into it. For example, I tried coming up with new techniques to maintain optimum driveshaft angles, such as, ive tried to position it other ways, however, non seem to work. It is as if no matter how hard one trys, looks, technique, and stamina against breakage, will never replace the need for adequate length

What do you guys think?

·
Covered in mud...
17,915 Posts
What a bizarre post...

Jack the think up by the frame, and let the suspension droop, thats about the most you'll get. If its not long enough, you'll know.

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
It is as if no matter how hard one trys, looks, technique, and stamina against breakage, will never replace the need for adequate length
Ain't it the truth, brother.

I don't care what the ladies try to tell you.

·
2006 Grand Cherokee
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think cooter is the only one who sees the "inner meaning" of my tragic, yet fictional story

·
web wheeling, hard.
6,774 Posts
manscaping always helps, trimming the grass DOES make the trees look taller, but you may not fool anyone.

·
Playing Possum
6,751 Posts
If you are having trouble with the length during articulation, take it down a road with different terrain. You know, somewhere you will need less articulation. :d:

·
Jeeps, Journey and Jesus
1,651 Posts
Booya!

·
Registered
680 Posts
If you are having trouble with the length during articulation, take it down a road with different terrain. You know, somewhere you will need less articulation. :d:
yea...take the far north trail, but watch out so you dont get your rig scraped up too bad. That kind of damage can put you out of wheeling for awhile.

·
web wheeling, hard.
6,774 Posts
don't let the guys here convince you to go muddin, because mud sucks.

stick with the rocky terrain and hills and such.

·
2006 Grand Cherokee
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yea well ive tried the "rocky northern trail" thats what put me out of commission for awhile. After going too far back into the trail...the girl riding with me realized it was too much, leading her to choke and then all of a sudden my rig was wedged in the middle of very sharp calcium terrain, evenly spread above and below my rig. I thought...holy hell! im gonna loose this thing if i don't get it out of here quick, so i threw it into reverse, floored it, and was finally able to release it from the sharp objects.

As a result, my rig suffered significant damage such as major scratches in the paint and, trust me, I felt the pain just as much as my rig did. After this episode...i decided to let my jeep go into storage, and that is why when i tried to pull it out of storage, i had to do so much cleanup work

Lesson: Be very cautious when venturing in the far north!

·
Registered
680 Posts
just make sure to install an EXO-cage before going on very many other trails. Dont want to end up with vital components falling off your rig.

·
2006 Grand Cherokee
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well I would, but most of the time i feel like a metallic cage around my rig would turn off the females...also, if i traveled to the far north with it, i might chip my girls tooth

1 - 20 of 23 Posts