Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Member since 1994
3,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
We need all hands on deck the weekend of 08/11/2007 at the Tellico OHV area.

There is a bunch of work that is still needed to be completed as soon as possible and Gunner Byrd/Griff Shirley has asked for all the help www.SFWDA.org can pull together.

Please post this notice to all club sites and all your web pages on the interweb, heck email all your club members and your friends.
Questions or Volunteers - Please feel free to shoot me an email, I will respond as soon as possible (On the road this week).

This is the “Must attend” work weekend event of 2007 for all of us.

We need the following:
• Work gloves
• Trash bags
• Shovels
• Chain saws (if you are certified)
• Welders (if you are certified)
• A few ATV’s

Happy Trails,
Greg Griffith
[email protected]

·
Member since 1994
3,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just in case someone needed something to do this weekend. :tonka:

·
Countryboy
1,599 Posts
How do you get certified to use a chainsaw. I been cutting with a chainsaw for years and never heard of a certification. Is that like a loggers license or something.

·
Member since 1994
3,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How do you get certified to use a chainsaw. I been cutting with a chainsaw for years and never heard of a certification. Is that like a loggers license or something.
To use a chainsaw during a Federal project (NFS or BLM), you have to have passed their 40 hour class and received a Federal certification.
I'm not sure what's involved other than the 40 hours.

I'm not certified either.

I've been using a chainsaw since I was 13, but that's not good enough to satisfy the liability concerns of the government, so they have the class/certification process.

·
hug life
10,197 Posts
Well ive been using one since birth......

in fact i performed (with said chainsaw) my own cesarean (mom had herpies),

so will my birth certificate work??

·
Member since 1994
3,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:sonicjay: Ya think???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts