Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
I'll Direc your TV
9,249 Posts
My 05 dodge headlights are in the same boat. I put in aftermarket LED's in the housings but they're still pretty bad.
A friend of mine stopped by over the weekend; he has a 94 chevy. Said that he swapped out his lights for HIDs and said they're night and day difference; new housings and the HID kit. The HID kits are supposed to be pretty reasonable too. I'll have to drive my truck in at night a bit now to see how the different housings are; which that's not saying much as a dollar store flashlight on a stick would be better

·
I'll Direc your TV
9,249 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
Might be a little late but I used the Cerakote kit from amazon a year ago and the headlights are still crystal clear. Was very easy to use and claimed to come with a sealer. https://www.amazon.com/CERAKOTE-Cer...ht+restoration+kit&qid=1650641363&sr=8-2&th=1
What do you fine folks think about something like this mounted behind the grill of my ranch hand bumper. The ranch hand bumper has an expanded metal grill.

Thanks for all of your help and input!!!

Cree 20 INCH LED Light Bar Work Flood Spot Beam Driving Off-road 4WD Truck | eBay
I have an 18" bar on my truck and I used a on-off-on toggle switch mounted under the dash. One side pulls a full time hot wire, the other side pulls a hot when the high beams are on, common middle point runs out to the relay. I have been running this set up for probably 5 years now and never been hassled for a light bar. The bar turns on and off with my high beams at night, no fumbling with a second switch to shut the bar off. Since I can turn it off I can use the factory high beams for that awkward distance following a car where I am too close for the light bar but have more distance than I want low beams for.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts