Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
(513) 891-8372
12,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a FYI....Dora, Sesame Street and a bunch more toys are being recalled due to high levels of lead.

Recall Info Here

Fisher-Price Recalls Licensed Character Toys Due To Lead Poisoning Hazard

·
Covered in mud...
17,916 Posts
Yep, we looked through the list last night.

It was caught relatively quick. Check the site/list for yourself, but its only on items sold May1st or later of this year.

We had a bunch of the Elmo stuff for Patrick that was on th elist, but was bought last year.

F'ing China..

·
(513) 891-8372
12,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, my wife went nuts because we have a ton of Dora and Diago shit. Then I was sitting there in the floor looking at the dates on this crap and realized that the toys were made from april to july. We haven't bought anything like that since his birthday in January.

·
Covered in mud...
17,916 Posts
I think Patrick has that Diego Jeep pictured above.

Gawd that Diego show must be scientifically engineered to by the most annoying show ever developed. I get a headache within 30 seconds of it coming on.

·
8,046 Posts

Gawd that Diego show must be scientifically engineered to by the most annoying show ever developed. I get a headache within 30 seconds of it coming on.
Ever see the Doodle Bops?

·
Registered
6,506 Posts

clearly you have not watched El Tigre'

·
circling the drain
35,864 Posts
Doodle bops are clearly the worst. I have since taught my kid to enjoy major league baseball, foot ball, car racing, and anything on the TLC, Discovery, History, that is NOT a kids show and something dad can tolerate.

·
8,046 Posts
Doodle bops are clearly the worst. I have since taught my kid to enjoy major league baseball, foot ball, car racing, and anything on the TLC, Discovery, History, that is NOT a kids show and something dad can tolerate.
My girls really like to watch "How it's Made".

·
Covered in mud...
17,916 Posts
I've not even heard of doodle-bops.. what channel is that on? Patrick's 2, he likes diego, backyardigans, blue's clues, and the wonder pets.

How it's made it cool.

·
8,046 Posts
I've not even heard of doodle-bops.. what channel is that on? Patrick's 2, he likes diego, backyardigans, blue's clues, and the wonder pets.

How it's made it cool.
I'm not sure, I scan the program guide thing on dish and avoid it like the plague. I usually only let them watch an hour of toons during the day. Anything else is usually Discovery, History, Science, NatGeo or the like and it's just background noise while we play dolls or whatever.:tonka:

·
I have an avatar. Yippee.
4,281 Posts
I kicked that Diego Jeep on my out the door this morning. It's over a year old, so we're safe. Don't have much else on that list, but anything we have is over a year old.

Continuing with the kid's programming hi-jack. My son gets ~1hr of Diego/Dora and Backyardigans in the AM. In the PM, usually it's ~1/2hr of Tom & Jerry or whatever is playing on Boomerang. He digs the old stuff. He'll watch the Powerblock on Sunday mornings with me, too.

Oh, jeebus... that's the doodlebug. Yea, that blue guy creeps me out. We don't let him watch that. Oobi is another program we avoid.

·
8,046 Posts
I kicked that Diego Jeep on my out the door this morning. It's over a year old, so we're safe. Don't have much else on that list, but anything we have is over a year old.

Continuing with the kid's programming hi-jack. My son gets ~1hr of Diego/Dora and Backyardigans in the AM. In the PM, usually it's ~1/2hr of Tom & Jerry or whatever is playing on Boomerang. He digs the old stuff. He'll watch the Powerblock on Sunday mornings with me, too.

Oh, jeebus... that's the doodlebug. Yea, that blue guy creeps me out. We don't let him watch that. Oobi is another program we avoid.
My middle girl was starting to talk like a baby again from those damn talking hands. They got banned.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts