Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Fucking Zen as Shit
16,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So about 11 years ago i broke the original glass in my hard top and replaced it with a cheap piece of pexi.
It lasted until this week (well it's been cracked for awhile). I am replacing it with a piece of 1/4" Lexan.
But i would like to be ale to use the lift struts with it. i couldn't before because the piece of plexi was so delicate. this is stoughter but i'm still worried about it. Has anyone applied additional "strips" i was thinking like 6" wide and running them top to bottom to help stiffen it up.

·
Its tough out there.
2,754 Posts
you mean on the lexan out of lexan? you could i guess but i would probably add a steal strip/frame around the inside edges of the lexan and tie it into the shock mounts at the lexan and you should be fine. that way the frame takes the stress not the lexan.

cool word lexan is.

·
Fucking Zen as Shit
16,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you mean on the lexan out of lexan? you could i guess but i would probably add a steal strip/frame around the inside edges of the lexan and tie it into the shock mounts at the lexan and you should be fine. that way the frame takes the stress not the lexan.

cool word lexan is.
yeah, last time i re-used the metal strip that goes around the factory glass, but it's not very solid.

when i cut and mount it tomorrow i'll see if i can't get a few pieces of flat stock to go from the bottom horizontal piece up to the hinge mounting pieces

1 - 4 of 4 Posts