Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Formerly "Gr8archer"
2,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a long shot, but I was wondering if someone would be so kind as to take the cover off of the relay box for their harbor freight winch and snap a picture or 2 of how the wire configuration is... I remounted my relay under my hood because the box was getting filled with mud and I think I mixed the wires up or something.

Thank You,
Gr8archer

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I dont have one - but could you just walk into Harbor Freight and look at one. If they ask about you opening the box - you just wanted to see if it would mount to your jeep.

42,950 Posts
Mine dosnt look at all like that :-( I will snap a pic later of what it does look like... thanks for tryin yall.
That is the same as the harbor frieght 9000 pound winch.

What size do you have? Harbor freight does not have any special winches made, they use other cheap companies and rebadge them with HF.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Words of wisdom....Don't ever remove all the wiring, than drink 9 beers and try to remember where all the wires go.

I figured it out by looking at the wear marks and the bends in the wires eventually.

·
Formerly "Gr8archer"
2,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its great, I use it almost everytime I go out. Alot of the time when I wheel Im the only fullsize. The only downfall is that its a little slower then some of the more expensive models. I used the 20% harbor freight online cupon that never expires and got a great deal on it.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
its great, I use it almost everytime I go out. Alot of the time when I wheel Im the only fullsize. The only downfall is that its a little slower then some of the more expensive models. I used the 20% harbor freight online cupon that never expires and got a great deal on it.
Hmmm, maybe have to buy one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts