Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
(513) 891-8372
12,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am de-skunking a dog in a thunder storm.:stan3: I think there is a tornado watch also.

I hope it takes the dog and sends her to OZ. Maybe the wizzard can get the stink off the dumb ass.

·
Stick it up your ass
3,071 Posts
don't use the tomato juice. Use hydrogen peroxide, dish soap (Liquid) and baking soda. Soak the dog, use the paste as shampoo, rinse and then coat the dog again with the paste and let it dry. Trust me on this one.

·
Get Some
4,226 Posts
that sucks, i remember when my buddies dog got skunked, and ran in the house and laid on my buddies bed. you want to talk about someone that was pissed.

·
HURL SCOUTS
10,007 Posts
x2 on the tomato juice, it will only temporarialy mask the smell, it will do little else. skunk spray is an oil. you need to use a detergent or solution that will cut the oil and not smear it around. the peroxide mix as mentioned works well as does fabric softener added to that mix. don't waste your cash on the store crap as it only covers it up. the dog will stink of skunk when it gets wet for a while. if the smell gets tracked into the house do not worry. turn on all your stove burners and fill a bunch of pots with vinegar. bring the vinegar to a boil and steam up the house with the vinegar steam. also set a steaming vinegar pot in each room. it will stink. when the vinegar evaporates it will take the smell with it. both my dogs got hit bad and got in the house. I was afraid i would have to live with the smell for the rest of my life. my house reaked so bad you wanted to puke. the next day i did the vinegar boil and it was gone.

·
(513) 891-8372
12,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
don't use the tomato juice. Use hydrogen peroxide, dish soap (Liquid) and baking soda. Soak the dog, use the paste as shampoo, rinse and then coat the dog again with the paste and let it dry. Trust me on this one.
There is all that, plus the tomato juice in the mix. Works every time she takes a hit.

Stupid fucking dog. This is not the first time. She is a great hunter, with a fantastic nose,...you would think she would remember what happens when she gets into a skunk.

·
Stick it up your ass
3,071 Posts
There is all that, plus the tomato juice in the mix. Works every time she takes a hit.

Stupid fucking dog. This is not the first time. She is a great hunter, with a fantastic nose,...you would think she would remember what happens when she gets into a skunk.

maybe she likes the smell :sonicjay:

·
meh.
7,816 Posts

Consider yourself lucky, after last weekend, the other dog in our hunting group got over 200 porcupine quils (sp?) in her face, eyes and even down her throat, that was a heavy bill.

·
(513) 891-8372
12,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Consider yourself lucky, after last weekend, the other dog in our hunting group got over 200 porcupine quils (sp?) in her face, eyes and even down her throat, that was a heavy bill.
She got into a porky once....she actually learned from that one. Not as bad yours though. She only had a few in her mouth and nose. None down her throat or in her eyes. The majority were on the side of her snout. She musta got smacked by the tail when she was sniffing around.

Yep cleaning skunk smell off a dog is bad.....Just wait until you have to do it on a cat.
:sonicjay: :sonicjay: :sonicjay: :sonicjay: :sonicjay:

I laughed so hard. I would rather be sprayed by a skunk then wash a cat.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts