Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody run them on their truck? I've got Michelin's now but this tire saves me a couple hundred bucks. I don't dislike the Michelin's but they are not great in the snow and are about done at 40,000 miles.

Opinions?
@1TFROT @CheapThrillB2

·
Flex Is OverRated
2,767 Posts
Hankook pathfinder? Couldn't find them....guessing its Discount tires pathfinder line and they are made by hankook?

As for Hankook tires i have had tremendous success with their dynapro at/m's. The set on my 09 Ram 2500 diesel (deleted and tuned, very aggressive rear limited slip, basically hell on rear tires) had over 40k when i traded it in and they had good tread still. I was impressed with them in all aspects and conditions.

·
FAWK YEAH!!
22,635 Posts
Can't comment, we rarely rarely do anything with hankooks, so no first hand knowledge. Sorry.

Your michelins are the AT version right?

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes they are AT's. they are so-so and the Pathfinders are over $200 less for a set.
Also wondering about going from 265-70r18's to 275-70r18. I guess they are about 3/8 wider and 1/4" taller. I like my current gearing but I don't think this will change much.

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well Steve tells me he is going to get me a 40% discount so it's a no brainer. :sonicjay:

·
Flex Is OverRated
2,767 Posts
Also bear in mind your factory michelins are not the same as replacement michelins. They cheapen up tires for the 0E's. Least thats what i was told by a goodyear rep once. (I assume it would ring true for all brands.

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
Have no experience with that tire but I have not been real impressed with any of the Hankook's that we have sold.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Have no experience with that tire but I have not been real impressed with any of the Hankook's that we have sold.
I run hankook atms on 3 landscape/plow trucks and my wifes jeep. Hands down the best all around tire i have ran (used to be a bfg guy and also dabbled with cooper and goodyear) ive gotten great mileage, perfect wear (rotated every 3-5k) and they hook up great in snow. They get driven way harder than most peoples tires between dumps and plowing. Wife has put on over 30k in just over a year and they are still plenty good for this winter and shes sucks with rotating. If their mud terrains didnt look so dumb id run those on my jeep.

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
I run hankook atms on 3 landscape/plow trucks and my wifes jeep. Hands down the best all around tire i have ran (used to be a bfg guy and also dabbled with cooper and goodyear) ive gotten great mileage, perfect wear (rotated every 3-5k) and they hook up great in snow. They get driven way harder than most peoples tires between dumps and plowing. Wife has put on over 30k in just over a year and they are still plenty good for this winter and shes sucks with rotating. If their mud terrains didnt look so dumb id run those on my jeep.
:thumb:

Sounds like their truck tires are better than their car offerings......we have seen lots of wear issues on the car/minivan stuff.

I prefer a :usa: made tire on my stuff. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
Depends on the size with some but BFG, Cooper, Michelin, Goodyear, Firestone all have US made tires...probably many more.

I have run BFG's, Goodyear's, Cooper's and Firestones on my trucks......my favorite is still the Firestone Transforce A/T's (used to be called steeltex)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts