3,810 Posts
I like the Springfeild XD 40

·
There watching me! (.)(.)
11,461 Posts
I have a Glock 26-9mm
Glock 30-45
Glock 35-40

Either you like Glocks or you don't. I don't know much about the 38. The Springfield XD are great guns too. You just have to put your hands on one to see how it feel. Some gun ranges rent guns and that the best way to what you like. Also get on Glock talk to see likes and dislikes of the gun.

·
Cadillac pimpin
3,632 Posts
The XDs are nice...especially for the price. They come with a lot of goodies right out of the box too...which will save you money. Case extra magazine, and holster.

However, You cant go wrong with Glocks. Reliable, easy break down for cleaning, lots of aftermarket support (sights and whatnot...) They just aren't the prettiest thing out there.

Anything by H&K is sweet too...

·
Tap Tap Splat
15,560 Posts
FWIW, I have had nothing but problems with my Kimber 1911. the only reason I keep it is because my dad bought it for me.
My Springfield Arm. 1911 it the tits, as is my new Para Ord.

·
I only wheel a boat.
17,272 Posts
sig p220 all the way

·
Registered
292 Posts
If you are looking at Glocks and XD's, you might also look at the S&W M&P. I'd do a side-by-side comparison of those 3, pick the one that felt the best and never look back.

1911's of whatever brand are great, but you're not comparing apples to apples anymore if you compare a 1911 to a Glock/XD/M&P. This is not me bashing 1911's, just trying to narrow down the field. Sig's are awesome pistols, too. Some of the Taurus and Beretta's are really good.

Or, as I'd like to convince my wife, "Buy 'em all". (I'm doing my best...)

·
I got a gold chain
16,445 Posts
FWIW, I have had nothing but problems with my Kimber 1911. the only reason I keep it is because my dad bought it for me.
My Springfield Arm. 1911 it the tits, as is my new Para Ord.
Did you contact Kimber?
They are very good at fixing any problems.

I've never had an issue with mine.

·
There watching me! (.)(.)
11,461 Posts
ok, another question.... 9mm .40 or .45

im 99% sure im not going to carry but I would like the ability to.

can anyone recommend a place to check them out?
I carry of them, not at one time well sometimes 2 of them. 9mm does the job, hell a good 38 would do the job.

·
Registered
292 Posts
ok, another question.... 9mm .40 or .45

im 99% sure im not going to carry but I would like the ability to.

can anyone recommend a place to check them out?
As to 9mm, .40S&W or .45ACP, pick 'em. Seriously. If you think a 9mm is cool, buy it. If you think a .45 has more "knock down" power, buy it. In the real world, there isn't enough difference to be concerned about. Shot placement with any of these calibers is much more important than the differences in the 3. By the way, no handgun round has "knock down" power.

I haven't bought a handgun from a local store in quite some time, but for selection and price, Guns Galore in Fenton used to be pretty good. Their customer service has improved in the last couple of years, too, I think.

You're in Dryden, so it's a long haul, but there's a range in Westland, The Firing Line, that rents handguns. That might be worth your while. Find a club near you, and go meet the folks there. Be mature and you'll find someone who will be glad to let you shoot whatever they've got. Make sure you understand operation of the handgun as well as range rules. If you aren't sure, ask. Don't macho your way through it.

·
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks for the info, as for power.... im not too concerned about getting the biggest but i would like to make a good investment. when i spend money on something i try to make the best choice and not wanting more in the end.

I have heard from many that a 9mm is a "ghetto" gun..... but the rounds are cheaper than a .45

does anyone have comments about double action on dequindre south of 14 mile?

·
Team Molasses #5
46 Posts
I have a Glock 26-9mm
Glock 30-45
Glock 35-40

Either you like Glocks or you don't. I don't know much about the 38. The Springfield XD are great guns too. You just have to put your hands on one to see how it feel. Some gun ranges rent guns and that the best way to what you like. Also get on Glock talk to see likes and dislikes of the gun.
I agree about the Glocks. They are excellant guns but i cant stand them because they feel too square for my hands and i hate shooting them. They just dont feel right but my friend swears by his. I got a SiG229 .40S&W and love it. Only thing i would change is go with a .45 Sig instead but it doesnt bother me enougth to trade yet. Walther P99 is nice cheaper gun that i was gonna get before I shot the Sig.

My advice is go to range to rent different guns or borrow from friends until you find one you like. I dont know where dryden is but Firingline in westland is a range in which you can rent guns at diffeerent calibers.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts