Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can get the ARRL Ham Radio License Manuals and Q&A Guides around the Clarkston area?

Thanks, Rick

·
Registered
112 Posts
Check and see if there is a Radio Shack near you and see if they carry the book. Some of them do. If not you can look for it online just make sure it is a new recent one as the rules have changed since Feburary. Also when you get along into it there are a few websites that have practice tests for free. e-ham.com is one I think and another good ham radio site is qrz.com they have a forum on there you can ask questions like this site. Also if you need help try and find a local ham radio club and they can steer you in the right direction.

·
FJ40: 1. Tree: 0
146 Posts
go to the ARRL website, they sell it there, or Amazon.com which is where I picked mine up. Your library will have great references, though it might be a couple years old. It's fun stuff!

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,158 Posts
You just have to muscle through it. I tried winging the online tests for practice & could never score high enough. I sat down for a week, used the practice tests for each chapter in the back & scored 33 out of 35 on my test.

C'mon John, don't be a wimp.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts