Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Motrcytman's spouse
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm in the drive-through line at McDonalds, and directly behind an OC Sheriff in the Jeep. I pull up to the speaker and tell the girl that I'll pay for the order for the car in front of me.

I think that made his day! :sonicjay: :sonicjay: :sonicjay:

·
Bananarama!
14,143 Posts
You may have gotten scammed... When I worked at McD's a few years ago it was policy for every McDonalds to give all cops free lunches. Last I heard it was still in effect. :sonicjay:

·
Motrcytman's spouse
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You may have gotten scammed... When I worked at McD's a few years ago it was policy for every McDonalds to give all cops free lunches. Last I heard it was still in effect. :sonicjay:
Naw....I saw him pull out his cash to pay. :sonicjay:

·
Banned
20,292 Posts
what if he was there to pick up the lunch order for his whole department?

·
The guy Dale doesn't know
4,182 Posts
a lady at my church does that, every wednesday morning on her way to work, she pays for the person behind her.

a couple months ago the cashier asked her if she wanted to wait till thursday, she said no i'll do it today just like always. turns out the lady behind her had a breakfast order for her entire office, cost her like 65 bucks.

·
Cadillac pimpin
3,632 Posts
Good shit.

It would be nice if more people respected law enforcement instead of ranting about the "ass hole" cop who caught them breaking the law.

C'mon Hombre...back me up! :tonka:

·
I was born in the desert
1,719 Posts
Good shit.

It would be nice if more people respected law enforcement instead of ranting about the "ass hole" cop who caught them breaking the law.

Yep, going 5 over is a hardcore crime, and having to pay a 100 dollars for it is BS. They are supposed to be there to protect and serve you and I. I doubt they bust many rapist, murderers and drug dealers while sitting in the side of the freeway with a doughnut in one hand and a radar gun in the other. I have 0 respect for the cops that are not in high crime areas doing something to make this world a better place.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Good shit.

tune in for tomorow's show when "just a spouse" rants and raves that she will never pay for a cops breakfast because the same ass hole just pulled her over and gave her a ticket. :sonicjay: :sonicjay: :sonicjay:

seriously though. just a spouse, i would be really curious if you got pulled over and recognized him as the cop you bought breakfast for. what would you do/say??? LOL

·
Cadillac pimpin
3,632 Posts
Yep, going 5 over is a hardcore crime, and having to pay a 100 dollars for it is BS. They are supposed to be there to protect and serve you and I. I doubt they bust many rapist, murderers and drug dealers while sitting in the side of the freeway with a doughnut in one hand and a radar gun in the other. I have 0 respect for the cops that are not in high crime areas doing something to make this world a better place.
No, its not a "hardcore crime", which is why you didnt go to prison for it.

Yeah, they are there to "protect and serve" and that includes enforcing the law. And you broke it..so you pay the penalty.

You dont have a right to drive a car.

I have been popped for speeding - but I dont bitch and moan about the cop "having something more important to do" when I get a ticket.

They have wives and children to come home to just like all of us.

·
81 inches of fun
14,286 Posts
Was it longarm?

Yeah, I WISH they would sit and radar more... I75 and I69 are getting ridiculous with speeders and reckless drivers.

I was pushed head on into a guardrail on 69 by one of those asshats a few years ago when I was already 5 over, a 4 cyl just couldn't get out of his way fast enough, they still never caught him.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I buy a dozen donuts, bring them home and gift wrap them, then deliver them to the police department every Christmas.

·
Playing Possum
6,751 Posts
So, I'm in the drive-through line at McDonalds, and directly behind an OC Sheriff in the Jeep. I pull up to the speaker and tell the girl that I'll pay for the order for the car in front of me.

I think that made his day! :sonicjay: :sonicjay: :sonicjay:
Very nice of you. :thumb:

Don't worry, you were not scammed. They have to pay at the drivethrough. They may or may not get a comp meal inside. (so I hear)

·
Dont Feed the Cyco
17,302 Posts
Good shit.

You sir are correct.:rock:

One Arm Steve has a very valid point though. I do respect The Officers, however I think the policy they are following is government backed robbery.

·
"The Situation"
14,415 Posts
BS or not Speed Limits are the LAW !! yes a FUCKING LAW !!! :miff: you obey them or johnny law gives you a ticket... 50 over or 5 over YOU'RE STILL SPEEDING !

and yes there's an abundance of cops on the freeway but there's also ones out there doing the stuff you described ! you just dont see it all the time like traffic cops..

·
I carry a shank
4,543 Posts
Good shit.

I don't eat at fast food places. I've arrested half the staff at one time or another (or some other cop has), the places are filthy and the fuckers spit in cops food. I do eat at Subway cause I can watch them make my sandwich and choke the bitch out if she tries something funny with my grub.

As far as people ranting about cops, they always have and always will. I'm only an asshole when somebody is an asshole to me. More people talk themselves into getting tickets than will ever know.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts