Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I get the o-rings for the 8 bolt H1 wheels?
Fastenal in Taylor seemed really confused about the part numbers for the o-rings, so I left before they ordered me something for a hi-lo or something.
Any CO. names or websites I might look at.
Dont have a red star to search at Pirate 4x4, so its pretty useless looking there.

·
Registered
5,573 Posts
grainger has them in stock. or mcmaster car. both can use or cross that part number. I think I got mine for $3 each or something. do not get the harder ones.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
grainger has them in stock. or mcmaster car. both can use or cross that part number. I think I got mine for $3 each or something. do not get the harder ones.
Hey Tab you wouldnt happen to know the number for the softer ones do you? Is that the durometer shore number?
McMaster's only list hard and extra hard for the Buna-n material ones.

·
Registered
5,573 Posts
its the hard ones, not extra. I have the numbers out in the shop on my pack of spares. you can get a 2 pack for 6 something. I'll post it tommorrow

·
PARTS SLINGER
1,091 Posts
shit......i have the pt.# some where. i can't find it right now but i originally found it on pirate. it was for mcmastercar. you get like 2 for $7

·
Registered
5,573 Posts
use the o rings. they're made to fit into a recess thats there. I dont think silicon would fill the void.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Rank and File is the best place I have found $4.95 each 1 680 838 7602. When you mount them use wheel bearing grease on booth beeds and set the o-ring in grease. Works like a champ!

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guy's, I'm gonna check with Grainger Monday morning and see what their price and availability is on these, before I call McMasters. Although McMasters seem pretty cheap, but Graingers is a 10 minute drive versus waiting a week for snail mail delivery. Thanks for the info guys!:thumb:

·
PARTS SLINGER
1,091 Posts
Thanks guy's, I'm gonna check with Grainger Monday morning and see what their price and availability is on these, before I call McMasters. Although McMasters seem pretty cheap, but Graingers is a 10 minute drive versus waiting a week for snail mail delivery. Thanks for the info guys!:thumb:
i buy a shit ton of stuff from mcmasters at work and 95% of the time its next day. they pride themselves on that.:thumb:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts