Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
i like jungle gym's.
10,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just thought i would post this.. guy was killed sat at flat nasty while watching a rig climb a hill. the rig broke a big rock loose and it hit a spectator on the way down the hill. just a reminder to watch your surroundings even when your not wheeling. this was on the side hill of get it billy. the guy died of internal injuries half hour later.

·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
Originally Posted by Tomb Raider
The person killed was intoxicated. Apparently enough that when the rock started to fall, everyone got outta the way....except him. Drunk enough that he stumbled, fell, and the rock hit him.
Originally Posted by Rattlecan
This has not been proven. If you've ever been on GIB it is beyond difficult to walk on. Intoxicated or not... He was a pretty safe distance away. I don't think the rock touched the ground more than once in the 50+ foot fall. When I say rock, I mean boulder.

The rock is roughly the size of a VW bug. It crushed Adam's right side. Internal injuries were extensive and he passed about 30 minutes after being struck. Two of my very very close friends (both nurses, one a trauma nurse) tried to stabilize him at the scene, and revive him after he left consiousness.

The helo was on the scene very quickly. Ron (park owner) has cleared areas for helos to land and sent the local hospitals GPS coordinates of the pads. The park IS prepared for injuries. The fire department is less than 2 miles down the road. They were on the scene in a blink of the eye thanks to a few park patrons who used their rigs to transport paramedics and equipment.

His injuries were too extensive.

Out of respect for all parties involved and Adam's family, please use discression when posting about this incident.
Some info from Pirate...

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
i'm a little confused. you're watching a rig........rig kicks vw bug size boulder loose...........vw bug size boulder falls over 50feet.

and why didn't he move??? was he trying to get a first hand look at what happens when a rock hits the ground or what???

·
Moonlight stomper
5,958 Posts
try 50 foot on a steep corse dosent take long to cover and a split sec to even figure out whats going on... Im sure she didn't ahve time and was not thinking he could stop it!

·
Catch the wave
7,994 Posts
i'm a little confused. you're watching a rig........rig kicks vw bug size boulder loose...........vw bug size boulder falls over 50feet.

and why didn't he move??? was he trying to get a first hand look at what happens when a rock hits the ground or what???
having done some cliff diving in my younger years, I can tell you that the 1G of acceleration is pretty damned fast when covering only 50'

1 - 9 of 9 Posts