Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Fucking Zen as Shit
16,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Typical price to replace gutters on your whole house?

I'm debating paying someone or doing it myself. If I do it myself the only expense outside of materials is a ladder tall enough to reach the ones' on the second floor (8' stepladder wont quite do it)

It's not that i'm a cheap bastard (well, yes i am but) If I have the time and it costs $400 vs sitting on the net while some else does it costing $1100 i'll go with the $400

·
NO RELIGION WAT!
28,165 Posts
I got a quote as high as $2400 for seamless using gutter hangers(non-spike)
Quote I went with was for $600 :d:

·
10 0011 10101
2,336 Posts
When I bought my house, the PO had done his own gutters using gutter he had run at home depot, I think. I had to replace a wall in my mudroom after his DIY gutters. If you do it yourself, just be sure that you pay attention to the angle of the gutter. The PO was actually a contractor, too! I work for a commercial supply house for roofing and gutters, and most of my customers around Ann Arbor are getting around $1.80 to $2.50 a foot for gutter right now. It may be more in Il, it's kinda a slaughterhouse market around here right now.

·
I think I can make it!!!!
2,315 Posts
Wow I pay 2.90 for gutters here in Adrian as a contractor. If anyone is in the gutter business around me call me to discuss pricing. Officially shopping.

Retail pricing for gutters to the homeowner is around 3.00 per foot right now. It is a little less to the contractors. We dont mark it up much because that is not our business.

·
The N3rd
5,871 Posts
Our gutters are being done right now as we speak. :thumb:

·
Uggh
5,044 Posts
dude $2.90 a foot ? I pay 1.25 in an array of colors run to any length I want then end caps and outlets are around $1 each down spouts are $8.79 per 10 ft piece I just did my whole house for $225 no spike hmm I guess with hangars and A's and B's and downs it is almost $3 a foot

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
i pay 1.90/ft.
Move back here first, chris. then i'll put gutters on your house for you.

you should be able to find someplace that will do seamless to length for you. (Siding world here in k'zoo)

·
Uggh
5,044 Posts
i pay 1.90/ft.

you should be able to find someplace that will do seamless to length for you. (Siding world here in k'zoo)
That's who I use but in Waterford, hmm prices must have gone up since spring

·
Fucking Zen as Shit
16,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i pay 1.90/ft.

I'll move back there when the employed outnumber the unemployed.

If you want to come over I'll pay gas, beer and $150/day :)

·
Premium Member
4,095 Posts
I had gutters installed yesterday. I paid $3 Per foot + $35 for each down spout. My house is a ranch, so only straight 48' runs front and back with one downspout on each end. $349 installed.

·
Fucking Zen as Shit
16,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I sent emails to 2 places (well filled out forms on their websites) for them to come out and estimate it.

I've got 2 ~30' runs with downspouts, and 1 40' or so run. depending on price i could also have the garage done but those are actually in decent shape the ones on the house are falling apart.

I also think i'm going to have one of the gutter guard/leaf systems installed

·
10 0011 10101
2,336 Posts
I also think i'm going to have one of the gutter guard/leaf systems installed
Maybe an installer can comment on this, I just sell it, but most of the guys I talk to kinda think this is snake oil. I coulda gotten my whole house done with leaf relief for free, but honestly, without any overhanging trees, I can't see the point.

·
Fucking Zen as Shit
16,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
To keep my gutters from clogging up currently, i have to clean them at least once a week or they back up

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I'd take you up on the offer, but it would be the first part of Nov before I could get over there.
For leaf guards, I've always used the cheap plastic mesh stuff that's a buck a piece at Menard's. Works as well as the expensive stuff from what I've seen.

·
Fucking Zen as Shit
16,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'd take you up on the offer, but it would be the first part of Nov before I could get over there.
For leaf guards, I've always used the cheap plastic mesh stuff that's a buck a piece at Menard's. Works as well as the expensive stuff from what I've seen.

:tonka: i'm going to have too much water sitting in the basement if i wait until nov :tonka:

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I need gutters on the barn really bad. Whomever installed the ones there now used the crappy vinyl 10' sectioned gutters. They use a coupler between 10' pieces and each one leaks. Plus they are all mildewy and nasty.

The ones on our house are fine but the roof hangs over the gutters about an inch so it makes it hard to get my hand in to clean out. I bought one 4' piece of gutter cover to keep leaves out. Seems like it would work. It is the kind where the water will stick to the cover and curve into the gutter when it rains, but the leaves will run off the edge.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts