Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so my buddy's dad owns some property outside of town and on the edge three pieces of land come together. in that area there is a swamp with a small off road track going around the swamp and trough in the dry areas. we intended to go to another place but we weren't able to get a hold of the land owner. so this track is primarily for dirt bikes and four wheelers, but since his dad has an equal share in the track we thought it would be ok to go there with out trucks, it was just the two of us. so we asked one of the other partial owners, who has let us go back there before, and he again cleared us. we didn't contact the other guy though because we didn't think he was home. so we go through this track about three times and out of no where this guy comes barreling up the track in his brand new f-250. he we all get out of our trucks and he starts yelling asking who we think we are. my buddy says that his dad owns one third of the track and that the other land owner had cleared us and we weren't aware that he was home. he being in a state of irate anger pulls a gun out of his pocket and while pointing it at us tells us that he brought it with him to shoot out all out tires. both of us were a little alarmed that he had a gun but our first reaction was to identify it, it was a foreign pos. while holding us at gun point he informed us that he was liable for anything that happened on that track. the first thing i thought: isn't my buddies dad liable every time you ride your dirt bike on his part of the track. in the end he put the gun away, we apoligised several times and left to go talk to third owner.

what do you guys think?
was i in the wrong or was this guy with the gun in the wrong?
What should we do about it?

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
So wait a sec, was the guy who pointed a gun at you the third owner or no?

You should have beat him with a tree branch as soon as he put the gun away.

·
Big Block Ranger
2,698 Posts
Definately call the police, the dude is a lunatic and its probably only a matter of time before he gets all raged up and pulls the trigger.

WHAT A HUGE DICK!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes he is the third owner

my friends dad is one owner and we didn't ask his dad for permission but he wouldn't care for sure, his only concern would be the others complaining. and we did get permissions from the second owner, the entrance is on his property. the third guy pulled the gun on us, he owns the back part of the track, which we were not on when he confronted us. we were on the land of the second owner whom we had permission from, this is real wordy but i don't want to use names at all.

·
bitter clinger
1,245 Posts
As a responsible hand gun owner/concealed carrier I am angered by this kind of jack assery. call the cops on him for brandishing a fire arm. this isnt the old west. that gun shouldnt have been out of his holster unless he was threatened with severe harm or death. you were on his property at some point not in his house (castle doctrine).

·
I carry a shank
4,543 Posts
I'd call the police. Also call them if your kids don't do what you say or if the paper boy didn't bring you your Sunday paper. Whatever you do, don't go over and talk to the guy when he cools down or try to work it out between yourselves first. I'd stop typing right now and dial 911. The police can handle everybodies problems all the time. There is no reason for people to work problems out for themselves any more. Just dial 911. Oh, and don't forget to bitch about how high your taxes are.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hes not smart enough to use a holster. hes very italian and thinks hes some kind of mobster, but hes not, he just watches the godfather WAY TOO MUCH.

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
13,015 Posts
yea I would call the cops, you don't pull a gun unless your life is in danger and you plan to shoot the person.

·
circling the drain
35,864 Posts
oh, well if it was in Genoa township I would just go give the mother fucker a lawn job with my pick up truck and call it even

·
I carry a shank
4,543 Posts
oh, well if it was in Genoa township I would just go give the mother fucker a lawn job with my pick up truck and call it even
:sonicjay::sonicjay::sonicjay:Old school:thumb:

1 - 20 of 176 Posts