1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's how the day went:

Per Nuzzy's description on another forum:

Leaving camp engine won't start - wire has pulled out end connected to coil

Driving to Funny Rocks and notice front dshaft is wobbly - ubolt stripped holding joint in and was lucky someone had a spare

Climbing a fun ledge at Moon Rocks and the engine is sputtering through repeated attempts/then finally wont even crank - find main battery cable has pulled out of end attached to solenoid/also later on discovered a vac line to the brake booster had pulled free

Fix the cable and start to drive away with no steering - pin fell out holding the ram pin in place so ram was no longer attached

Make it back to Funny Rocks and while climbing a ledge by the tree find that the alternator is smashing into the winch battery cable on the frame destroying it and causing sparks to fly - Electrical tape over the cable and re route it to clear problem area

Continue driving up obstacle and make it up when coolant starts spewing - engine torqued fan into radiator destroying both

Limp back to camp with engine idling (had to since couldn't steer full hydro well enough with engine off) and engine dies coasting into camp - will see extent of damage later with compression test and such

I have the material to make all new motor and tranny mounts but have been holding off til I have time to finish the flat belly. Instead, I put on brand new stock rubber mounts before the trip that I'd hoped would last for another few wheelin trips. Problem was, the actual metal portion of the mount failed. Almost every thing that happened could be traced back to the god damn drive train moving around too much once that mount failed

PICS:

Once we were at Moon Rocks, we were attempting to climb one of the rock faces and it kept dying under the load, so we backed off and found this little beauty:

As soon as we got that wrapped up, we start to head over to the other side of the rocks and loose stearing :wtf: Turns out that the pin for the hydraulic ram had fallen out... after a few minutes of trying to come up with a solution, I suggested using one of the hood pins:

At this point we decided to just park the damn thing and watch everyone else for a little while:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Back at Funny Rocks:

This would be the end of our trip:

The Regurgitator is back!!!!

Here's Why: :mad: :mad: :mad:

We were able to limp it back to camp with bunk towing us most of the way. It made it back to camp under it's own power and then immediately died! We'll have to assess the damage later... hopefully the engine isn't toast.

There was a lot more "stuff" going on with it than I can clearly explain, so I'll let the boys do that later. The root cause of all of the issues ended up being the motor mounts (or lack there of). The ones that were in there just don't hold up to the torque that things has.

We can't even find the other one :*******: :mad:

I was able to get a little more seat time in when Porter offered to drive me around :awesomework: This part was FUN!!!

Then, he let me drive :clappy: I nearly drove us off of a cliff, but other than that it was a good time :*******:

Other Pics

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just a few more WA scenery pics:

This is considered Moon Rocks

This is Funny Rocks

·
likes him some Red Dog
2,268 Posts
I just hope the engine isn't toast so I can get everthing fixed back up, build my new mounts, and wheel the shit out of it some more before heading back east. The day was definitely an excercise in aggrivation but I'm still smiling :beer:

·
likes him some Red Dog
2,268 Posts
bad ass photos!

You guys are going to be really impressed with the michigan terrain after wheeling that little kid stuff!

:stan::stan::stan:

You just don't want us in your state do ya... :sonicjay:

·
likes him some Red Dog
2,268 Posts
I'm just letting you know what you're in for. Your rig won't make it down very many trails in the LP of michigan! Anybody on <42"s don't do very well here.

:woot::tonka:

So you're gonna be coming on wheelin trips with us to escape the hard core LP stuff right??? :poke:

·
likes him some Red Dog
2,268 Posts
hahahhahahah. hopefully you can read my jealous sarcasm. :sonicjay:

michigan fucking blows.

I know :d:

That's why I'm counting on lots of wheelin trips out of state. You down for a drive or 2? :rock::rock::rock:

·
likes him some Red Dog
2,268 Posts
oh yeah. Theres 5 or 6 of us driving 12 hours to go wheeling this weekend. :woot:

Nice. You guys usually leave fri night and come back sunday or take days off any time you're doing a trip?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts