Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
circling the drain
35,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took Xander to the BMX track yesterday. Shortly after we showed up 5 or 6 15-17 year old kids showed up to ride around...I over heard one of them comment on the "old guy" with the little kid. :(

I had to take my full suspension mountain bike because I don't have a bmx right now....I sure felt like an old guy after a lap down the track pumping that hoss over the rhythm sections and jumping table tops...damn was that a lotta work.

Overall had fun, Xander did really well on all the smaller stuff, some of the big tables and doubles were just too steep for him to have enough speed to get up and over. :rock:

·
hug life
10,197 Posts
in my day we didnt have rolliecoasters, we had a barrel and you rolled down a hill.

cool your getting your son involved in something you both like

·
Premium Member
6,223 Posts
Sweet, who cares what the young punks think. They were probably wearing those stupid skin tight jeans too, huh? Just get out there and have fun with your boy!

·
circling the drain
35,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sweet, who cares what the young punks think. They were probably wearing those stupid skin tight jeans too, huh? Just get out there and have fun with your boy!
:teehee:

Actually they had on normal jeans and were nice kids, they were impressed with Xander ridin' the track, and they all took a lap or two on my bike while letting me take a lap on their bmx bikes, so it was all good, it was just funny being called the old guy.

·
Premium Member
8,920 Posts
Tell them you'll stuff em in a giant tractor tire and flip em up down the street and back just to show em how old you are.:thumb:

·
Premium Member
6,223 Posts
I was just out at the State Hospital trails and there was a little guy, probably about 12, rocking out his BMX on one of the jumps. He was going dang near as big as the "big kids" with the full on DH bikes. Pretty cool.

P.S. LOL at the diabeetus tag

·
missmrgreenagain
21,341 Posts
lol it sucks

·
Happy,happy,joy,joy
2,901 Posts
I get it at the skatepark all the time . It makes Me :sonicjay: . I really feel like a dumbass when they make Me put on a helmet .:fish:

·
10 0011 10101
2,336 Posts
See, if you'd remembered to come over and grab my bike, they would have called you the cool old guy :poke:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts