Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Eye candy
10,044 Posts
its probably about as reliable and as subtle as a gorilla.

·
Premium Member
4,095 Posts
It will be slow, it will be made with crappy parts and if it breaks, you have to buy a new one as parts will probably not be available.

IMO, never be cheap when it comes to buying a winch.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
I have the 8k Gorrilla and it has worked great for me and made some pretty tough pulls. Of course you will have the people pat the back of the big names......

42,946 Posts
the company seems legit LINK

I know it is not the same model seen above but it seems like the company's quality is pretty good.
Looks like they really put that winch to a good test, including a steep incline in extremely deep mud.

If it failed on that test, the operator could simply hop off the winch, and push it up the hill.

Be weary of reviews linked from store websites, as they're normally paid ad spots. You should see all the bullshit "pre-written" reviews gl4x4 receives... They usually pay $300.00 per month to have a op-ad posted up on websites with lots of traffic.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Be weary of reviews linked from store websites, as they're normally paid ad spots. You should see all the bullshit "pre-written" reviews gl4x4 receives... They usually pay $300.00 per month to have a op-ad posted up on websites with lots of traffic.
Is that what JCR does?

jk

·
not Frank Sinatra
678 Posts
Looks like they really put that winch to a good test, including a steep incline in extremely deep mud.

If it failed on that test, the operator could simply hop off the winch, and push it up the hill.

I guess I didn't read it very closely

·
jeep life
4,489 Posts
go to Harbor Freight Tools.com u can get a 8000pd winch $250 and not have to pay shiping and thay come with life time w

·
"The Situation"
14,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I guess I didn't read it very closely
he also said he did it with the wheels locked with him on it.. Seems like a decent cheap product.. but if i do a winch ill prob g HF i didnt realize they had down in price

1 - 20 of 20 Posts