Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
board medic
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i dont know how to say this but in mostly city driving im getting over 20 mpg in my 93 yj 4.0. the only things i have is changed the oil and put in e3 plugs with 8mm wires. im going to put in a new coil and see what that dose for it too. :rock:

·
board medic
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
filling up and resetting the odo. when i fill up again do the math. im going to check it on the next few fill ups and keep you all posted. if anyone has a better way let me know. i want to find the most accurate way to calculate this..

·
Registered
424 Posts
How far off is your speedometer? If you're pulling that kind of MPG and the speedometer/odometer are telling the truth, then DAMN that's impressive.

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
Im curious too. My son gets 17mpg highway on his 97 TJ. Stock size tires and a 3:07 R&P. What size tire and R&P do you have. If you have taller tires and a 3:07 or a 3:54 R&P, your speedo might be off a tad?

·
board medic
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have 235/75/15 gy all terrains, a 2.5" lift and stock gears. i will get a gps mph and see how far off my speedo is. i didnt think about that. my numbers came out to 24mpg the first time. so for margin of airer i said 20. we will see.

·
Livin the American Dream
3,826 Posts
If he had larger tires that would retard the mileage and actually give him worse gas mileage if the spedo was not recalibrated.....correct?

Come on guys its the e3's.

·
Licensed master plumber
5,841 Posts
I am guessing that it is the YJ gas tank. The 20 gallon one that can only hold about 15 because of the vent. I think it fills to a slightly different level each time .

Run it out of gas. Put one gallon in and see how far you can drive. Or modify the vent and really fill that bitch to the rim.

·
welfare wheeler
6,989 Posts
is it possibly running extremely lean??

it should not get mpg that good. the math is wrong or its way lean.

·
board medic
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lean i could see. it fills to 20 gallons already. i will run this tank out and try the 1 gallon method. that would really tell me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts