Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
NOT GL4x4SucksVideo guy.
3,118 Posts
:( I was just wondering the other day why I havent heard much from him lately.

Kind of weird to think my dad used to listen to him back when he was young.

·
Wasn't this attached?
4,125 Posts
I really liked listening to him. None of his standins, even his son, was near as good.

·
More boost than yours:)
1,252 Posts
I remember working on the farm with my grandfather when I was a little kid, and every day we had to go in and have lunch and listen to Paul Harvey.
RIP

·
Boost Withdrawl
2,706 Posts
RIP, I used to catch him on WJR when I could. His son isn't nearly as good with his delivery, but interesting to know he researched and wrote alot of the "rest of the story"'s...

·
I carry a shank
4,543 Posts

·
SlowBalt SS
2,493 Posts
Ive only heard him a couple times but wasn't he the guy who used to say "Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars"?

R.I.P.

·
I carry a shank
4,543 Posts

·
Something Clever
2,399 Posts
he was quite a man. lived in hawaii when pearl harbor was attacked, then joined the army air corps right after.

He was named Salesman of the Year, Commentator of the Year, Person of the Year, Father of the Year, and American of the Year. He was elected to the National Association of Broadcasters Radio Hall of Fame and Oklahoma Hall of Fame and appeared on the Gallup poll list of America's most admired men. In addition he received 11 Freedom Foundation Awards as well as the Horatio Alger Award. Paul Harvey was named to the DeMolay Hall of Fame, a Masonic institution, on June 25, 1993.
In 2005, he was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the United States' most prestigious civilian award, by President George W. Bush.[12]
On May 18, 2007 he received an honorary degree from Washington University in St. Louis.

R.I.P. Mr. Harvey

1 - 13 of 13 Posts