Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have my ex's great dane that needs a home. PLEASE someone take this dog before I have to take him to the local animal control.

·
Recovering XJ owner
5,620 Posts
Very interested.

Male or female ... and what issues does the dog have if any?

If things work out, we may be able to pick up this weekend.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
His name is Syrus. He is well behaved except for food aggression towards my othe dogs..NOT against people. my kids can take his food away from him while he's eating it without any problems..its just my other male Golden Retriever that he has a problem with. Like I said, this is my EX's dog...she was a dog trainer and cannot have him where she lives now, so I need to find a home for him.

·
hoo dat. wat.
21,594 Posts
Google great dane rescue - they'll take him and make sure he gets a great home. People should not adopt a great dane w/o know the consequences.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have called a couple great dane rescues and they are all "not accepting any more at this time"

·
Registered
284 Posts
have you ever seen the shit pile those dogs leave behind? lol we had one when we were kids, Scooby was his name, all black, lovable dog, big dog
good luck i wish i could take him

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Actually, Scott (Deuce228) called me before anyone posted anything. But I'll bet SilverXJ would appreciate you looking out for him.

·
Recovering XJ owner
5,620 Posts
you guys forgot about silverxj :( he wants da puppy first
Hey thanks! :thumb:

I did chat with him and was told Scott contacted him via PM first ... so if it doesn't workout w/ Duece then we'll add another doggy to the family. (Already have a Boxer and Black Lab)

It has been a toss up between a Mastive or Dane ... you can't beat free.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Great Danes are awesome dogs!!! Someone please pick this dog up!

I got my great dane when she was one... Best dog I have ever had. Unfortunately, I can't take this one in. Heck, I can't even have my current dog at my apartment, she is living with my parents for now.

·
******* Poser
7,971 Posts
Great Danes are awesome dogs!!! Someone please pick this dog up!

I got my great dane when she was one... Best dog I have ever had. Unfortunately, I can't take this one in. Heck, I can't even have my current dog at my apartment, she is living with my parents for now.
He will be picked up this weekend. Either we will take him tonight, or sounds like silver will take him if it doesn't work.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts