Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we root caused my trans failure to not enough trans fluid. There was <1 quart. The trans was rebuilt at Golling 6000 miles ago.

The Service Manager (and I use that term loosely) claims that the trans fluid evaporated :sonicjay: :sonicjay: :sonicjay: :sonicjay: :sonicjay:

So, you should all check your fluid daily to make sure it did not evaporate

·
German cars are hot
11,450 Posts
Well, we root caused my trans failure to not enough trans fluid. There was <1 quart. The trans was rebuilt at Golling 6000 miles ago.

The Service Manager (and I use that term loosely) claims that the trans fluid evaporated :sonicjay: :sonicjay: :sonicjay: :sonicjay: :sonicjay:

I would be filing a small claims case against them

·
Registered
429 Posts

Please tell me you are bugging the crap out of chrysler about this. Also tell me that you have proof that your trans was left in this shape. By the way where did the other thread for this go??

42,948 Posts
email sent via DCX's ask a dealer form:

hi. I read about your service manager telling somebody his transmission fluid evaporated. I read about this on a website called GL4x4.com

I would like to talk to him, and ask how often I should check the fluids in my jeep! I have a 1991 wrangler with a 350TPI , Dana 300 transfer case with a flip kit, and twin sticks, a 700R4 transmission, a rear corporate 14 bolt, and a front dana 44.

My concern is, after hearing that the service manager stated his transmission failed due to evaporation, I'm REALLY WORRIED about my jeep. How often should I check for evaporation in my engine oil, trans fluid, t-case fluid, brake fluid, washer fluid and my diff fluid?

I would HATE for my jeep to break due to fluid evaporation. And I'm VERY CONCERNED on how to prevent it.

PLEASE CALL ME ASAP! If not, PLEASE EMAIL ME RIGHT BACK!

I'm sure the other 5,000 members from GL4x4.com are extremely worried about their jeeps failing due to evaporation!

Thank you for the prompt response!

( of course I gave them my proper contact info. Will update later)

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
email sent via DCX's ask a dealer form:

hi. I read about your service manager telling somebody his transmission fluid evaporated. I read about this on a website called GL4x4.com

I would like to talk to him, and ask how often I should check the fluids in my jeep! I have a 1991 wrangler with a 350TPI , Dana 300 transfer case with a flip kit, and twin sticks, a 700R4 transmission, a rear corporate 14 bolt, and a front dana 44.

My concern is, after hearing that the service manager stated his transmission failed due to evaporation, I'm REALLY WORRIED about my jeep. How often should I check for evaporation in my engine oil, trans fluid, t-case fluid, brake fluid, washer fluid and my diff fluid?

I would HATE for my jeep to break due to fluid evaporation. And I'm VERY CONCERNED on how to prevent it.

PLEASE CALL ME ASAP! If not, PLEASE EMAIL ME RIGHT BACK!

I'm sure the other 5,000 members from GL4x4.com are extremely worried about their jeeps failing due to evaporation!

Thank you for the prompt response!

( of course I gave them my proper contact info. Will update later)
You know you're a cruel motherfucker at times.:sonicjay:

·
Premium Member
14,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just asked the service manager to put in writing about the trans fluid evaporating.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Evaporated? :sonicjay:

I wonder if they realize how many people on here are certified mechanics, or in other aspcets of the automotive business.

Get a hold of the company that they get their trains oils from.

Then call the dealer out on it.

·
Premium Member
14,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Did he offer up a reach around in exchanged for your silence? :naughty: :sonicjay:
voice mail.

You all should call 800-992-1997 and talk to the service people. This is an instance that I think Chrysler should outsource to India, as they HAVE to be smarter in India then these folks are

·
Low Range Drifter
8,434 Posts
I've heard many horror stories about Golling service.

Back in about 96 or so, a Golling tech told me that I needed a front brake job so bad that I was losing brake fluid. I asked him how that could happen, and if he could invite the manager over to me to explain how my brakes could function at all if this was happening and his story quickly changed. He wanted me to leave the car (after they had done some warranty work) and do a $500 front brake job.

That's the last time I've dealt with them.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts