Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were just notified that GM UAW employees are walking out of the buildings as of 11am. Hope they lock the doors behind them. :rock:

·
End nerd persecution
2,248 Posts
Yeah my wife works at Romulus engine and said it was real weird watching all the union people walkout at the same time. I guess they went right from the plant to picketing in front of the plant. They must of had the signs pre-made before they showed up for work. She has a meeting at 2 pm to see if the rest of the salaried engineers need to show up tomorrow (Safety issue since they have to cross the picket line).....Ha Ha free vacation for her:tonka:

·
I only wheel a boat.
17,272 Posts
I'M lookin for a 20+ dollar an hour job

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I'M lookin for a 20+ dollar an hour job
There won't be any of those here at GM unless you're salary.
Starting pay, if all goes the way management wants, hourly will be getting around $15/hour.

The giant satellite truck pulled up in front of me here this a.m. I still have to come here to work. Most of the people that were in front of the camera on Channel 7 yesterday were Facilities people. One was our UAW Local Pres and the production people don't seem to want to talk to the reporters.

They don't have issues with me so they let me through yesterday and today. I'm just a lowly contract admin who sometimes supervises.

·
My Reality Check Bounced
887 Posts
I hope GM moves all it's plants to Mexico or start over and do away with the union.

I was in support for the strike when I heard they wanted to keep the benefits for the retired... but they are being selfish right now in a poor economy.

I have heard from more than one auto worker about how they only put in 3-4 hours honest work in a day and refuse to do other jobs near there work area because it's not there job. They brought this on themselves.....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts