Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
NEVER GIVE UP!
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard that they are keeping both the Gm line and Gmc line

I am wondering is there a big difference in the two

I thought it was just the same vehicle just small changes?

Serious question I honestly dont know the difference

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts

·
Yeeeee Haaaaw!
6,801 Posts
GMC was origionally considered the "higher end" truck it offered more coloor options for the interior and exterior and more chrome. It's still pretty much the same way. With GMC you can get about 8 interior color options and Chevy only offers 3 or 4.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
so keeping a big truck line that is showing some signs of slowing sales as all trucks are makes seance? i mean simple answer here would be to just swap all the color choices and chrome options onto a Chevy truck and sell it as a trim level... of GMC and keep Saturn the small car company with minimal product overlap into the rest of the house except the cute ute and the convertible... i understand offing Saab and I get offing hummer i dont know why they bought them in the first place...

·
Yeeeee Haaaaw!
6,801 Posts
I completely agree with what he said...... Sabb????? some CEO needs to pull his head out of his ass on that one......

·
Premium Member
14,639 Posts
so keeping a big truck line that is showing some signs of slowing sales as all trucks are makes seance? i mean simple answer here would be to just swap all the color choices and chrome options onto a Chevy truck and sell it as a trim level... of GMC and keep Saturn the small car company with minimal product overlap into the rest of the house except the cute ute and the convertible... i understand offing Saab and I get offing hummer i dont know why they bought them in the first place...
Hi,

Saturn has never made money.

Game Over.

·
NEVER GIVE UP!
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I didnt want to stir the piss off everyone pot, I just thought they could work with one truck line and try to make a profit with one line of truck

I have not idea what I am talking about but I thought I would try to ask the question

·
$9.00 vanilla malt
2,773 Posts
yeah but you even have to agree Saturn was pretty cool when they first came out, aside from the oil burning issues
I do not agree

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
yeah but you even have to agree Saturn was pretty cool when they first came out, aside from the oil burning issues
lol, no, no I don't agree

·
Uggh
5,044 Posts
Chevy is here to stay because there are way to many hillbilly's who would not buy a GMC [/end stereotype]

·
I like trees
5,795 Posts
Only if your gay or a female.

·
Eye candy
10,044 Posts
Only if your gay or a female.
well no offense, but thats a pretty big market share.

They were decent looking cars, neat dent resistant panels, fairly reliable, good gas mileage, crashed well, etc.

·
Premium Member
14,639 Posts
well no offense, but thats a pretty big market share.

They were decent looking cars, neat dent resistant panels, fairly reliable, good gas mileage, crashed well, etc.
Yeah, Scottie liking a car is reason enough to keep it. Regardless if it loses a shit ton of money.

·
Eye candy
10,044 Posts
Yeah, Scottie liking a car is reason enough to keep it. Regardless if it loses a shit ton of money.
Well if thats the case all of GM should just fold up and die.

They haven't made money in years.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts