Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Keep on truckin
5,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know if i can flash code a 95 pontiac sunfire? i know older stuff can be flashed but 95 is a screwy year for GM. OBD2 connector with OBD1 operating system. check engine light has been on since i got the car and it has intemittent symptoms of bogging out and dying. restarts fine but doesn't respond to throttle input. thinking TPS or map sensor is junk but it runs great most times then occasionally runs like garbage. wanna see what the pcm says is wrong but autozone can't scan it due to no communication. don't feel like paying 100 bucks at dealer to tell me TPS is bad.

·
Chillin with the top off.
4,891 Posts
quad4 or 2.2?

·
Keep on truckin
5,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
2.2 problem is since it has the 16 pin OB2 connector i'm not sure which pins to connect to get it to flash. i know older setup is terminals A and B

·
4,891 Posts
If it is driveable i would take it to auto zone or advanced and have them scan it. They do it for free.. Or you could just buy my scanner?:finger:

·
Keep on truckin
5,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
read above post. took it to autozone there scanner won't communicate unless it's OBD2. which mine isn't. and i sent you a pm about your scanner. you wanna trade my BBC for it?

·
4,891 Posts
read above post. took it to autozone there scanner won't communicate unless it's OBD2. which mine isn't. and i sent you a pm about your scanner. you wanna trade my BBC for it?
I kinda need the cash. Dont have anything to put a bbc in rite now..:confused:

·
4,891 Posts
did you try to jump a and b together?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts