Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
My Reality Check Bounced
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think of this ring as an engagement ring?

·
Captain of my pants
4,159 Posts
its way too cold, no warm happy happy feelings, btw do these jeans make me look fat? or does my fat ass body do it

·
Registered
487 Posts
Good luck with the whole ring thing. I just popped the big Q about a month ago, and I managed to score the right one. :)

hell...if she doesn't love whatever ring you get her maybe you need to rethink some stuff

BTW my fiance doesn't like it.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Take her to pick out the ring. Then tell her you can't propose for 2 years now so it'll be a surprise.

·
German cars are hot
11,450 Posts
I personally like it because it wont get caught on stuff because of a high setting. I think the coolest engagement rings have heart shaped stones.

·
(513) 891-8372
12,024 Posts
Wife says it looks too "high tech" and not very womanly. Something a guy would pick out.

I think it's cool.....but then again I liked the tire rings also.:tonka:

·
My Reality Check Bounced
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Take her to pick out the ring. Then tell her you can't propose for 2 years now so it'll be a surprise.
She refuses to "shop" for her own ring...... the rules I did have are:
1-Simple
2-Elegant
3-Round Cut
4-She expressed interest in a larger single stone - GIRLS!!!! (shrug)
4-Nothing that looked like my ex's ring.

·
My Reality Check Bounced
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I personally like it because it wont get caught on stuff because of a high setting. I think the coolest engagement rings have heart shaped stones.
She's a CRNA so she's in and out of gloves all day......

·
My Reality Check Bounced
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am not in and out of any gloves but I am pretty active. I don't wear my ring often because I am afraid to lose the stone.
Isn't that what insurance is for....

·
(513) 891-8372
12,024 Posts
Hmm, I'll have to test that since my wedding ring currently resides under the stone work I laid for a small front patio.
No, setting insurance. And yes, that's what it's for. If the stone falls out.

Funny but true story, friend of ours had a parrot that would sit there on the back of th couch and watch TV. Actually they still have the parrot...but anyway. He was playing with the wife's ring on her hand like he had many many times but this time he got the stone out and swallowed it.

So now what? They call the company, no one knows what to do because it's not really "lost". So the insurance company pays for a stay at the vet to wait for the stone to come out....but it never does...

Birds can't chew shit so they have a thing....giblet maybe?...in their neck that they store gravel in and it smashes up the seeds. As the gravel gets worn down, it naturally passes out of the bird. Well a diamond isn't going to get worn down by bird seed. So after several days the vet said it probably wasn't going to come out and it is too dangerous to take it out of the bird....might kill it.

So after some fighting back and forth and some court threats, the insurance finally paid up. Then canceled the policy. As far as I know that thing is still in the bird.

·
Custom User Title
8,287 Posts
I think that it is very cool. It is ok if it looks like a guys picks it out, because the truth is you are a guy and you are picking it out. You obviously are trying hard to find something that she will like, and the fact that you put some thought into the purchase, she will know that you care. It will mean a lot to her that you put some time and effort into the ring.

Note to self: try not to sound so gay on the board.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts