Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
5,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im trying to take my tail lights off my TJ. they are being a pain in the ass. any tricks? the bolts are phillips head and i can't get enough bite on them to brake them loose.

·
Pres MI Dodgetruckworld
1,908 Posts
Hit the screwdriver with a hammer?

Or get an impact screwdriver that you hammer on......

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
cover the paint, top, and as much of the lens as you can with leather or something equally protective and tack a small washer to the head of the screw.

or

Use a dremmel and cut a flat head slot into it.

the tree method works great at the right angle. The lens will somehow survive and dent the shit out of your corners at the right angle too.

5,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cover the paint, top, and as much of the lens as you can with leather or something equally protective and tack a small washer to the head of the screw.

or

Use a dremmel and cut a flat head slot into it.

the tree method works great at the right angle. The lens will somehow survive and dent the shit out of your corners at the right angle too.

shit!

i forgot i had light guards on. this makes things more complex :sonicjay:

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
warm(don't burn it) the housing with a propane torch near the screws.
it should soften the plastic enough.

the last idea I have is to drill off the screw heads, and hope you can salvage the rest.

otherwise break the lenses to get to the main 3 bolts

5,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
warm(don't burn it) the housing with a propane torch near the screws.
it should soften the plastic enough.

the last idea I have is to drill off the screw heads, and hope you can salvage the rest.

otherwise break the lenses to get to the main 3 bolts
sorry. IT IS the 3 main bolts that I can get off. the lenses come off just fine.

·
All out Idiot
1,714 Posts
drill off the screw heads. you will be cutting a hole for the LED's to go in so the leftover thread won't be an issue.

5,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
drill off the screw heads. you will be cutting a hole for the LED's to go in so the leftover thread won't be an issue.
hahaha i dont have a drill or where my jeep is at doesnt have a drill. but we have anything else though :sonicjay: :sonicjay: :sonicjay:

·
(513) 891-8372
12,024 Posts
WTF? If you are replacing then, and comp cutting, then take a fucking hammer to them ya pussy.

:sonicjay: :sonicjay: :sonicjay:
or having someone rear end you when there brakes go out :tonka:
Shit I got rear ended by one of the TC Crew guys even when his brakes didn't go out. He was like BAM....I looked out the door and he was like "OH, my bad."

:tonka:

No damage though....no TJ can hurt a YJ.

·
(513) 891-8372
12,024 Posts
:sonicjay: :sonicjay: :sonicjay: :sonicjay: :sonicjay: :sonicjay:

He might not have any of those.....how about one of these.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts