Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Whannabe Wheeler
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lookin for a set of gears for my 99 Cherokee with stock axles either 4.10's or 4.56's. Im running the stock 3.55's right now and it does ok but i want to wake it up a little bit. And also if anyone has a locker for the rear end I miht be interested in that also...Thanks

Travis Smith

·
Comanche Addict
731 Posts
If you were looking in a strength upgrade too rather than wasting money on a Dana 35, I've got a nice disk-braked Explorer 8.8 with 4.10s for $300. :naughty: I'm even making a trip out to Grand Rapids in the near future and can deliver to your door for a few bucks to cover my fuel. PM me if you're interested and I can send you pics.
--Pete

·
Whannabe Wheeler
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well if im gunna do an 8.8 im gunna want one with disk's in the rear just because they are easier to work on and disk's do a better job stopping too...but I dont have the money for that right now.

·
Comanche Addict
731 Posts
Have you priced what a gear installation costs?
I also have a second, cheaper 8.8 (also 4.10 with disks).
--Pete

·
Whannabe Wheeler
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I could get the gears installed for under $100 because I know someone who does it...why woul the other 8.8 with disk's be cheaper?

·
Comanche Addict
731 Posts
Price depends on condition and miles. I'll PM you some details so as to not further clutter up your post.
--Pete

1 - 7 of 7 Posts