Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one else having issues with mowers and such ? Pretty much all my junk , push mower , riding mower and today the wood splitter all have fuel delevery issues . This started just before the pig gig , Miff killed 2 mowers both had fuel issues .

Im a maintence type , all my stuff is kept tuned up so im starting to think there is an issue with the fuel im purchasing .

I checked my gas cans , clean as can be . If im the only one im going to take it personal :(

·
Covered in mud...
17,915 Posts
Hmm, its a bit early for them to be changing the formulations. I've had a few machines that refused to run on winter gas, which has a much higher reid vapor pressure, and would vapor lock them.

Maybe you just got one shitty can of can, and it clogged things up. Or that can actually had some additive or something, that worked deposits loose in your engines and clogged things up. Thats happened to me before, on older machines.

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
Weird you mention this, The Monday thru Wednesday ( when i had to fill up ) my jeep was sputtering at idle and would almost die if I tried to rev the engine. it was straining just to maintain a smooth idle. Today its running fine again.

·
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
1988 YJ
5,872 Posts
put some seafom in the tanks. That way if the gas has water in it, it will take care of that as well

·
Registered
9,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just put the wood splitter back together , Some sort of really fine material in the carb bowl . Looked like ultra fine magnetic sand if you know what that is . Black sand found in creeks .

Riding mower i just sprayed out with carb cleaner so i didnt notice what was in it .

Gas station pumps are filtered so im guessing something got in my gas can .

·
hicktown
2,433 Posts
try telling the mexicans that green means diesel they put gasoline in a diesel i sounded awoful but it was funneycuz he kept going

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Heres my theory, at least locally. With the lack of rain earlier this year and only having cut the grass a handfull of times Im still working on some of the same fuel from over the winter. Probably the same 5 gallons which has been sitting thru all the hot/cold expansions and sucking in moisture for most of the year.

·
Registered
9,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh...thought you were a Wal Mart man.... :tonka: :tonka:
I am , why . I dont care where you buy your fuel it all comes down the same pipe line . Our walmart is new there for they have some of the cleanest tanks around . Maybe i should have went to walmart :confused:

·
I only wheel a boat.
17,272 Posts
stop lookin for excuses for not working, get back to work.:tonka:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts